PART 25 - THE DELTA'S DAUGHTERS

HARPER

This is going to be a long fucking day.

I've barely slept, it appears I've lost the ability to if Taylor is not in my bed. I miss him. I desperately want to see him and try and talk this shit through to find out what happened yesterday but he's far away in some remote cabin with no phone. Kit reassures me that he will be back in time for the Ball tomorrow evening. That he only put an alpha command on his ass to stay away short term otherwise Taylor would already be at my door no doubt knocking it down to get inside to speak to me. Although it's hard, I know I need to trust his brother when he says Taylor needs this time alone to get his wild wolf in check, after all Kit knows him better than me, I guess.

Then there's Jenson... I hate to admit it, but I could really do with him being here today. I'd even put up with his smirking mouth and cocky attitude to have him help me with the Deltas and their families that he knows so well ... because God do I need it... some of them are far from easy to talk to.

Of the thirty-two Deltas families, twenty-six arrived at the pack house this morning. More will arrive tomorrow on the day of the actual Ball and three declined the invitation. Of the Delta's families that have come, from what I can tell, fourteen daughters are of a suitable mating age... but as of yet I'm not convinced any are suitable for Alpha Christian...

I jolt with surprise and try not to scowl when I knock my own home-made lemonade down my skirt after Rita, Delta Tyrone's daughter catches me off guard as she laughs shrilly at Brie's story about how they went dress shopping together and every male wolf apparently fancied them. Plastering a fake smile on my face, I nod and listen and ask the odd question here and there to feign interest just as my mum always taught me to do when faced with someone obnoxious when really, I'm already regretting not spiking my own refreshments with booze. I smirk to myself momentarily when I think of Nanna Hazel back home and she was always throwing Gin into my mum's lemonade when she wasn't looking and once got me and Avery drunk.

Clearing my throat, I refocus on the task in hand. I've got work to do. I arranged on the estate's long lawn an intimate get-together inviting the daughters of the deltas to join me for some drinks. Their mums were invited too, but many stayed behind in their rooms to rest up after their long journey.

Taking a sip of my drink, my eyes wander around the group of Delta's daughters or what I like to call the DD's and start to analyze who'd be a good fit for Kit. In my opinion they are all beauties in their own right, it's just a shame some of their personalities don't match. Rita and Brie are already out of the running. They're class A bitches and exactly the type of she-wolf Kit would hate. No tact, self-obsessed and money hungry. My wolf rumbles in my head agreeing with me.

My eyes continue to look around the group when they land on the DD that brought all the Lemons with her; Grace. She's stunning, if not the prettiest of the group. Her hair is almost white it's so light in colour, dark blue eyes and the perfect waistline that I would die for. A little introverted from what I've seen so far but seems pleasant enough and from my research she is training to be a healer. For now, she gets into round two on my list and I make a mental note I want to talk to her more through the course of the day.

Next to her is Jenna, she has said nothing to no one and looks a little intimidating. I've caught her readjusting her dress as if it's like a constricting boa snake on her skin. Her arms are toned and strong looking and her eyes never stop watching everyone else. I can't help but grin when I see Jenna roll her eyes at some bullshit Brie has just spouted as she continues to monopolise the conversation about herself and gets up to get some more lemonade from the nearby table giving me the chance to speak with her. We have our first person of interest.