PART 14 - FIRST DAY

HARPER

"You are not wearing that." Taylor growls as I spin around showcasing off my 'first day of work outfit' then turn to look at him with my hands on my hips whilst arching a brow.

"You know it's adorable to think you have any control over what I wear." I fire back as Taylor's eyes flicker black as he looks me over again.

"I can see your fucking nipples through that dress. Go change." Taylor scowls as he throws down the rag he's just cleaning his hands with, then leans against the hood of the car he's working on with his arms crossed over.

"No, you can't." I laugh at him as I look down at my crisp sleeveless white dress with matching white belt then run my hands over the fabric. "I think I look good. Professional. I'm meeting the staff of the household today; I want to make a good impression."

"Do you at least have a jacket?" Taylor deadpans.

"This is a Jenieve LeBleux dress. You don't just 'throw a jacket' over a LeBleux." I say with exasperation.

Taylor runs a hand over his neck looking agitated as fuck before his eyes travel back up my body and a rumble vibrates in his chest.

"Well, I'm fucking you whilst you're wear those heels later." My mate says seriously as I laugh at him again.

Since the night we got back from my first trip to the pack house, something has changed in Taylor. I can't even tell you how much sex we've had this last week, he seems to have totally lost all will power to take things slow with me or fight the pull of the mate's mark. He's well and truly staked his claim and fuck is it sexy to be finally wanted by someone who can't keep their hands off me.

"So, you do like my outfit." I grin feeling like I've just won this argument.

"Do you have to look so fucking good to be my brother's secretary?"

"Personal assistant." I correct him.

Taylor pushes himself off the car before stepping into my space as his sexy scent makes my mouth water.

"You're the pack's Beta female, your place is with me." Taylor says quietly as his eyes search mine and I can see him fighting his wolf's jealousy. "It's not like we need the money, Harper. Are you sure you want to do this?"

Sighing, I shake my head at him. "It's not about money. I want a role in this pack, something people can respect. You promised you'd let me try this." I say firmly.

Another grumble vibrates in Taylors chest before he begrudgingly nods, then goes to pull me into his arms but I spin away from him holding up my hands.

"Behave! Don't you be getting oil over my fancy new dress!" I scold him as I hold my hands up to protest him coming any closer.

"Now, I'm not even allowed to fucking touch you!" Taylor grumbles looking up to the roof of his workshop as if he can find some patience up there as I giggle.

Taylor tries to act like a tough guy all the time, but I'm finally starting to break through it. There's more to this Beta than I first gave him credit for. I sometimes wonder if he's just as insecure as me deep down behind his strong and confident facade.

"I'm sure you can cope until I get back." I say to him firmly, but secretly, loving how much he likes me being around him.

Just then I hear the sound of a car engine purring its way down the drive towards the cabin as both Taylor and I look towards the window and see Alpha Kit's Bugatti Chiron gliding towards us as my mate sighs next to me.

"Fancy wheels." I mutter looking it over before facing Taylor who looks less than impressed that Kit's come to pick me up. "Oh, come on, you're busy here. Don't be pissed at me for not accepting your offer to drive me in."