PART 17 - YOU TAKE IT ALL

TAYLOR

"...and I think I can speak on behalf of everyone at Michael's and Millen's when we say we'd be extremely excited to have The Lancaster's on the board of associates for our company..."

Drones on the fucking imbecile in the badly fitted suit as I take another sip of my coffee giving nothing away. This deal is only worth $15Million to us. Pocket change in the grand scheme of things. However, it will make us a decent profit in the long run if we invest. An easy deal that usually I'd sign off on quickly as I don't like dealing with humans, however today my head isn't in it at all.

My wolf's pissed off and snarling in my mind, giving me a headache. He's not just mad with me for rejecting Harper this morning even though it broke my dark heart to do so. He doesn't like Michael's or fucking Millen's. Not because of their business proposal that's not actually too bad considering what fucking idiots these bellends are, it's also not because of Millen's heavy aftershave that sets my teeth on edge every time inhale it. No, it's because every two minutes Adam- fat fuck- Michael's undresses Harper with his seedy little eyes and I'm pretty close to throwing him through the twenty-sixth story window of our building still sat in his chair... but I won't. Because he's human and we have strict laws about hurting them... even when they're complete pricks.

"Taylor, your thoughts." Kit says Interrupting Millen's well-rehearsed speech on kissing our asses.

Tapping my index finger on the table, I pull up the contract once more and pretend to re-read it. I already know my answer, the smirk on Kits' lips tells me he already knows too, but he's happy to let this play out.

"Hey beautiful, mind getting me a fresh coffee?" Michaels turns to say to Harper as my wolf snarls in my head.

"Sure, of course." Harper says barely louder than a whisper before standing from the seat next to Kits and turning to make that fat fuck a drink as his eyes travel right down her figure and then zeros in on her ass before he licks his lips.

Harper and I haven't spoken since the jet landed nearly two hours ago and it's fucking killing me. Since she got to our office tower in downtown Manhattan, she vanished for nearly forty minutes in Kits private bathroom whilst my brother ripped me a new one for upsetting her. It's not like I want this, but she made her choice. She wants to keep living in the past and I can't have a future with her until she lets that go.

That being said, that does not mean it's ok for other men to ogle her like a piece of meat and right in front of me.

"Here we go." Harper says quietly as she puts down the coffee cup and Michaels grabs her arm stopping her from stepping back as I instantly sit forward in my chair.

"Hey, how about after this, you come get a drink with me." Michael's grins at Harper who looks revolted at the prospect before shooting me a look.

"Remove your hands from my wife immediately." I say quietly as I take a sip of my coffee as doing something with my hands helps me not to claw his face off.

"Adam." Millen seethes to his business partner.

But the damage is already done.

"Oh hey, I'm sorry Mr Lancaster." Michaels says putting his hands up in surrender as Harper shuffles away. "She's a fine lady you have there, I clocked she had no ring. No harm done, right?"

"A ring?" I say quietly as Harper sits back next to Kit looking extremely uncomfortable as I put down my coffee cup. "You mean like the one you're wearing?"

"Perhaps we can get back to the contract." Millen says as his lawyer who's sat next to the business partners nods and agrees, but I'm already up on my feet and stalking around the desk towards Michaels as I come to tower over him.