CHAPTER 2 - BACK FOR YOU

"Baby, you don't have to worry. I'll be coming back for you, back for you, back for you."

CHAPTER 2 - BACK FOR YOU

After receiving the key to my room, I proceeded straight to my dorm and as expected, it was spacious and clean. As I opened the door to my room, I noticed that the left side was already occupied. Just by looking at the decoration, I could tell what type of roommate I was having.

Her bed was covered with a bright pink blanket. A few plants were also on her desk, and she had placed fairy lights on it. She had many posters and colorful pictures on her wall. I wanted to look closer, but I wouldn't want to look like I was invading her private space.

It was clear that she was someone with a vibrant and creative personality. I can't wait to meet her.

As I unpacked my luggage I felt a sense of excitement that I was finally starting my college journey and excited to explore the campus. But before that, I know I have to arrange my room first.

The first thing I did was cover my bed with white and brown sheets. I plan to decorate my space with a Zen vibe, to have that relaxing and simple look. It would be quick, I didn't much have stuff anyway.

But to my surprise, it was almost five when I finished decorating my room. I didn't take into account that I had huge collection of books! I spent most of my time organizing them, battling with myself if I should arrange it by color, genre, or size. I settled for the first choice.

While stacking my last batch of books, the door opened with a loud bang, making me drop the books I was holding. I turned around to see who had barged in.

"And who is going to be the lucky girl?" A girl announced in a cheery tone. She must be my roommate.

As I expected, she's the type of girl who is vibrant. She's very pretty. She rocked skinny jeans and a black sequin tank top perfectly. She looked fashionable. Her hair was wavy and deep red. She wore make-up, not too heavy, but enough to emphasize her face. She had an air of confidence that was hard to miss. To top it all off, she seemed very friendly.

"Hi! I'm Bonnie." She said, extending her hand. "Bonnie Weasley." She smiled warmly.

I took her hand and smiled back, "Emma Watkins."

"You're so pretty." She gushed. I felt my face heat up.

I thanked her and responded honestly, "You're very pretty!"

We both laughed and she squeezed my hand. I knew this was the start of a beautiful friendship.

"Oh god, finally! A very normal roomie. Last year, my punk roommate threatened to voodoo me if I didn't keep my mouth shut! "

"Must be a nightmare." I laughed.

"Total nightmare." She agreed with a nod. "Oh, I like your side. I'm sorry I'm late. I should have helped you arrange your things."

"Oh, no worries. I've got it covered. Besides, I'm almost finished. Just putting the last books in place and I'm done. Thanks for your offer. That's very kind of you."

"You are so polite! I like you already. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you have everything you need." I smiled and thanked her. She returned the smile and walked towards my side of the room to examine my books. "Wow, you've got a lot of books!"

"Yeah. Just to keep me occupied, I guess."

Bonnie's face shot up. "Occupied? Oh no, you don't. You won't spend all your college life reading books. It's time to let loose and have fun!" She chirped, her eyes sparkled with excitement.