CHAPTER 5 - STOLE MY HEART

"Don't you know all night I've been waiting for a girl like you to come around"

CHAPTER 5 - STOLE MY HEART

"You're finally here! " Bonnie shrieked as I entered our dormitory.

I immediately asked. "Why? What happened?" I was worried something had happened while I was out.

"I have been waiting for you. Where have you been?" Bonnie didn't answer my query, in fact she just asked me another question. Well, I wasn't quite sure if she heard me or not.

I wasn't sure how to answer her question. If I said I bumped into one of her favorite band members, she would ask me for more information. If I were to explain everything to her, it would take us all night.

As a result, I decided to ask her a follow-up question rather than answering her. It's just like what she did to me.

"Do we have any plans?"

"You've got to be kidding, right? Emma, it's Friday. Friday means concert day," she said matter-of-factly.

"Concert for what?" I was completely confused. I looked at her blankly, unsure what to say.

"BD, duh. What else?" She explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Okay. I didn't know that a concert was going to be a thing every Friday," I told her.

Bonnie smiled and said, "Well, it's been like that for a while. Everyone looks forward to it and it's a great way to kick off the weekend."

Bonnie was so ecstatic when she said this. I didn't want to be a buzzkill and tell her I wasn't interested. Sure, the songs were great. It's just that this one person made me feel uneasy.

But Bonnnie was so excited about it, I didn't have the heart to tell her I wasn't joining.

"Plus, we get the chance to help the needy." She added cheerfully.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "The needy? Those guys need help?"

Bonnie's eyes widened as if she had realized something. "Did I not tell you that every gig they perform is for a cause?"

"Like a benefit concert?" I was astonished by this piece of information.

"Of course, silly. They play every Friday. They make a compilation of their songs and sell it on campus--you'll be surprised that they have patrons outside campus as well!" Bonnie gushed before continuing, "All proceeds are donated to their charity and other organizations in need. You don't expect them to play just for their own profits, right? That's the reason they're allowed to have a concert here and why the dean, and most of the people in the Uni, love them. They're helpful and at the same time, they have the heart for the needy."

Bonnie sighed with admiration for the band and their selfless efforts to give back to the community.

I was completely blown away by this information.

I thought they were just doing it to gain popularity. That's what most bands do, right? To be popular and all that? Clearly, not all of them. These guys were an exemption.

It's no wonder they're so popular. They have used their popularity to do good and to help others. They have the talent to make great music and the heart to help others. This is a great example of how one can use their talent to make a positive impact and difference in the world.

"So?" Bonnie poked me, and that made me snap out of my ruminations. "Are you coming or what?" She waved her two tickets in front of me.

I nodded, inspired by the idea that I too had the capacity to make a difference. "Of course I'll go." I said right away.