chapter ten

"alex!" i yelp as his hands wrap around me.

"whatcha making?" he asks as i smile.

sam rented all of us an air bnb and decided to just chill for a week at least, blue being here is so different now. will, carli, and violet are on a hike with him and niki. tommy and tubbo went to lunch and sam and colby are doing an interview with anthony padilla today.

me and alex decided to just stay home and relax, i was tired of having blue back. i love blue and i'm willing to do anything for blue, but i can admit i'm tired. right now, i'm baking crepes. it's a nice, cozy morning in the air bnb, it's a little cabin that's surrounded by trees.

"crepes for us. i think that we're gonna like them, i actually made them normal!" i laugh as alex smiles, humming into my shoulder.

"anything you make is good. cookies, cakes, anything in the world." "oh come on, you know i'm bad with pan baking and frying. i'm so bad at pancakes and it's a miracle i can make these." "it's a miracle you're alive." a chill goes down my spine.

"what do you mean?" i ask him as he sighs.

"nothing, it was supposed to be a sweet joke but i guess it came off wrong. sorry, mi amor." "it's okay. go grab some plates and toppings, these are done!" alex pulls away as he grabs things like chocolate, berries, fruit, and more. we both make our own crepes, i make some with chocolate and strawberries. alex makes his with berries and caramel.

"these are so good amor, thank you so much." he kisses the top of my head as i smile. alex turns on some random youtube video on the tv as we eat, i realize it's another chuckle sandwich episode. this time, they're talking about dares.

later in the evening, everyone comes home. sam and colby order us some dinner from a local place, niki offers to pay but we all split the bill. blue has way too much energy, he tries to pull my hair out four times. niki and i share a few tired glances as he starts to break things. i let tommy deal with that one.

"OI YOU LITTLE SHIT!" he yells, chasing blue, "GIVE ME MY PHONE!"

"no cussing around blue!" alex yells as i scroll through tiktok, him peering over my shoulder.

"shit! shit! shit!" blue yells as i sigh.

"his teacher is gonna have fun with that when he goes back to daycare." carli says as i shrug, checking my messages as alex goes over to play with blue.

unknown

hi y/n, my name is george. i need you to respond as soon as possible, it's really important and urgent.

i start to type a reply as i hear a scream and crying. i look up to see alex yelling at blue as he cries. i set my phone down, wondering why he's so mad. when blues tears become even more real, i feel fury build.

and i let it go when alex smacks my son across the face.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" i scream at alex, rushing to hold my son as he cries. i pet his hair and hold him close. the room is silent.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ALEX?! WHAT WAS POSSIBLY GOING THROUGH YOUR BRAIN TO HIT MY SON?!" alex stays silent as i scream, livid with anger.

"WHY SO SILENT? WHY DID YOU HIT MY SON?!" i scream as he looks down.

"he was screaming and throwing a tantrum, so i wanted him to stop." he says, glancing at will and carli for help. carli holds violet closer as will cracks his knuckles.

"FUCK YOU ALEX!" i scream, slapping him across the face, "DO YOU LIKE IT? HUH?! FUCK YOU!" i yell before almost running up the stairs.

"oh baby, i'm so sorry." i say, setting blue on my bed as i look at his cheek. his whimpering as a large handprint starts to swell. "oh kiddo. does it hurt too bad? is this the only mark?"