4. YES MAM

Adhira's POV

" Dadu wanted me to bring adhira home. " I heard something break inside me at his words. The same person who gave me his own nickname because he didn't want to be the same as others, was calling me by my name. I don't know if I was relieved that I finally have my answer or sad because it wasn't what I wanted.

He turned to me, looking at me with those chestnut brown eyes of his, and my heart broke all over again. He was still the same, the same shiv but not the same anymore. His gaze roamed over me for just a second before he turned back as if he couldn't bear to look at me.

I stared at me, openly, I wanted to see him. I was yearning for him and if it's the last time I'm feeling this, then I'll have my fill of him.
I was in man's room trying to find my specs when he came or it might've been me who opened the door.

I moved down, " Siya, ansh is here to pick you up. " Maa said the obvious as if I didn't hear what he said.
I just nodded and made my way to my room, " Where are you going? " She called back when I turned to my room.

" To take my phone. " I answered her without turning back and went to my room.

I slumped against the door as I closed it. He used to call me rondu ( crybaby ) when we were young and I always argued that I don't cry. But he was right, I am a crybaby, all I've done since coming here is crying. And I can't seem to stop. Taking some time to adjust my state, I washed my face so that it won't be too obvious, I went out.

He got up as soon as he saw me and went outside after bidding everyone goodbye.

" I'll be back soon. " I told maa before following him.

" Hmm. Be careful. " I nodded without turning bach but I knew she saw it.

He was driving and that made me realize I can't sit in the back seat. I'll have to take the passenger seat.
He started the car just as sat. There was once a time when he would ask me to wear the seatbelt but I guess that's past now.

He paused the car on the side of the road a minute later and just sat. I don't know what he was doing.

" Is something wrong? " I was the one who broke the silence, and he looked at me. This close to me, I could see the contours of his face, the stubble barely visible on his chin. His cheeks looked hollow, as if he wasn't eating anything. I'm thinking nonsense, he's a prince, he could eat anything he wants.

" Your seatbelt. " He said all of a sudden, and turned back to stare ahead and that's when I remembered, I had asked him a question and he was answering me. He stopped the car because I wasn't wearing seatbelt. I wore I quickly and he started the car again. The rest of the ride was silent.

We reached and he dropped me off near the main door before dashing off to I think park the car.
I greeted the workers in the hall before going to bade rana sa's room directly.

He was awake, sitting on his bed as if remembering something.

" Good morning. " I said as I entered his room, akash uncle, his caretaker, was standing next to him. He turned to me after hearing my voice and smile lit up on his face.

" Huh.. Oh my baby is here, good morning. Did you have breakfast. " He said as I went to sit by his side.

" Yup I ate before coming here. " The lie slipped off easily, I didn't want to eat now. And if I said I hadn't eaten anything then he would've made sure I eat right now.

" Oh what did you eat? "
" Maa had made gobi paranthas. " Shit, I realized my blunder when I finished speaking, I could only hope he had forgotten about it. But how could he.