31. PSYCHOPATH

Shivansh's POV

The collar of my shirt feels too tight even when I haven't buttoned it up. And I know it isn't the shirt that's strangling me, it's anticipation.

I have been burning in it since she video called me and I regret my decision already. I really should've arranged the venue in her room, the garden would have sufficed for me.

I don't even remember what she is wearing. All I can remember is her face that glowed more brightly than ever. Her face always had that unnatural shine to it but today she seemed to be bathing in it.

Sarthak and Akhilesh are here but Saloni would be arriving with her. My siblings all wanted to go to her house but she convinced them to wait for her.

So if I'm the first on the list of impatient people waiting for her arrival then my siblings are the second. It was half an hour ago when she said that they'll be leaving in a while, I don't think our houses are that far for her to not reach until now.

I'll go crazy from waiting if I don't distract myself, so I turned to see the arrangements. I had overseen everything myself, from the decorations to the food. I wasn't relieved to leave someone else with this responsibility and I wanted to do it myself. It was a lot of work but it was fulfilling.

“ They are here. ” Someone shouted from the door and I didn't have to guess who was here.
My eyes were trained on the door with undivided attention when someone bumped my shoulder.

“ What? “ I asked, not even bothering to look at the person disturbing me.
“ Get in first. Mingle with the guests. ” I heard Sarthak speak and I levelled him with a look before returning my gaze to the door.
“ I don't have time for that. ”

“ Yeah you do. There's still time before she makes her grand entry, so before that go and calm the guests who are jumping on their feets in excitement. Unless you want her to be stuck in the middle of overexcited aunties as soon as she comes, you better get them sorted. ”

This bastard knows exactly which buttons to push.
“ I'll go. ”

I never knew socialising was this tiring, I mean I've rarely socialised in the past ten years but even before that I was never alone bearing such excited crowds.

I've lost count of the people complementing the place and congratulating me and yep in the same order. People like places more than people.

I was talking to Nikhil bhaiya ( Akhilesh's Brother) when a hush settled over the hall. My back was to the door but I didn't need to look to know who just entered.

The air shifted towards her as soon as she stepped in, as if all my breaths guided me to her, letting me know that she's here.

As soon as I turned around my heart stopped for a second before it resumed its pace again, my breath stilled and I can't even tell what other signals my brain is giving me. All I know is that it is malfunctioning.

Even though I saw her half an hour ago, I didn't exactly notice what she was wearing but now, with her in front of me, I can see each contour of her frame.

Each bead of her dress, from the pearls on her necklace to the embroidery on her lehenga, I took everything in and even after all the elegant pieces she adorned, her smile was the most enchanting.

The peach coloured lehenga paired with a v-neck blouse, the sleeves reaching her elbows and the dupatta draped over one side. The back of the blouse consisted of twin strings and a two inch band at the bottom. All of this intricate designs woven onto a fabric and she still managed to look the most beautiful creation of all.