3 - Welcome to the Summer Palace

Beatrix's Point of View

A few days later I walk into our summer mansion, with the two trunks filled with things, mostly books, I brought along, and a smile slowly creeps onto my face.

"Phase three. Enjoy a month of vacation."

It's completely quiet. No butler to greet me, no maids to constantly make sure I look perfect. No servants constantly looking to be at my beck and call, and no guards telling me I can't go out when I want.

"It's perfect!"

My voice echoes through the entry hall, and I enjoy it as I breathe in the air of a month of freedom. Or, as my parents think of it, a month to heal the heartbreak while Clovis gets over his puppy love.

I pop the high heels off of my feet and happily saunter through the empty mansion, to look for a room overlooking the royal gardens. Yes. That is the best part about this mansion.

It lets me follow up on the drama going on inside, and otherwise just enjoy the view of a beautifully blossoming garden. Perks of being from a powerful ducal family that has always been close to the royal family.

It's not that I'm going to spy on them intensely, but it's not like I'm uninterested either. Not that there will be much to spy on, as Clovis will practically have little to no time with Delia, because of all the work he has to do.

Most days he will come back after dark. In the past, both of us usually end up completely exhausted, looking like wet rags that have been squeezed dry and sloppily placed in a chair.

Poor Delia.

I smile a bit at the pain she's going to go through. One could think of that as cruel, but she's the one what went and flirted with someone in a high position without thinking about the consequences.

It's time for their first real obstacles as a couple.

I'll get myself cozy though. I'll need some blankets, nails and some string.

First though, let's get out of this formal dress, and into something more comfortable.

Only my happy hums fill the quiet mansion.

Clovis' point of view

I reach my hand out to Delia, after stepping out of the carriage, and she puts her soft hand in mine, while our gazes meet.

The sea breeze makes her cherry pink hair flutter, and her eyes glimmer in the sun.

"Welcome to the summer palace. We will stay here for the next two months, Delia."

She looks past me, and up at the summer palace with stars in her eyes. She almost looks dizzy at it's magnificence. She manages to make these things seem beautiful again, though I myself have grown bored of the extravagance. It's one of those things that made me fall for Delia, how she made my mundane everyday colorful.

I give her hand a gentle squeeze.

"I'll take you to our room."

I feel flustered saying it. We haven't slept together in the same room till now, and usually we wouldn't, but I got permission, as long as nothing more happens, not that I would push things that fast.

Delia blushes too, stepping a little closer to me.

"Our room."

I can't hold back a smile.

I look down to her finger, where an engagement ring adorns her beautiful ring finger. It may be rash of me to do this before my engagement is fully broken with Beatrix, but, it's not like my feelings for Delia will change in a month. I have already adored Delia for a couple years now. What is a single month of hard work going to change?