23|Even More Secrets

Elianna's POV

I made my way to the champagne tower and started drinking away.

I wasn't afraid of getting drunk because back in America I used to drink a lot. I had a high alcohol tolerance and these champagnes were nothing to me.

"You should go easy there," I heard a female voice say.

I turned around to see a gorgeous, red head woman in a long, emerald green dress.

"I'm fine," I said. "I'm just passing the time."

"Not your cup of tea?" She asked and I shook my head. "Yeah, me neither. I'm only here to represent my papa."

"Oh," I said as I looked back to Enzo who seemed very annoyed as he watched the men talk to him.

"You look very pretty," she said and I blushed.

"So do you! You are literally breath taking!" I complimented her.

She laughed before suddenly grabbing my hand. "Oh my gosh, your ring! It's so pretty!"

"T-t-thank you," I stuttered from her suddenly outburst.

"Your husband is so lucky to have you," she said.

"I wish he thought the same," I mumbled under my breath before chugging the bit of champagne I had left in my glass.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"she asked as she put her ear closer to hear me properly.

"Nothing," I said and she nodded before stretching out her hand.

"I am so sorry for not introducing myself. Hi, I'm Francesca."

I smiled before shaking her hand. "Elianna."

"Let's be friends. I believe we have a lot in common, more than you think."

"I would love to have a friend down here. My only friend is my husband's best friend and I feel like he only does it because he feels sorry for me."

I felt myself being dragged and when we stopped I could see Enzo's angry glare. "I thought I told you to stay where I could see you!"

"I am."

He rolled his eyes before shoving me behind him.

"Why the hell are you talking to my wife, Francesca!?" He shouted angrily at my new friend.

Why was he being so mean to her? She did nothing wrong.

I tried to move but his grip tightened around me so that I couldn't move from behind him.

"Hello Enzo," she said. "Your wife huh? I had hoped those rumours were not true. I was hurt when I found out I didn't get an invite."

I pushed out my head to the side to see her smiling at him.

They knew each other?

"What did you say to her?" He asked her as his grip slowly loosened from around me.

"Nothing much. We just agreed to be besties."

His hands instantly dropped from around me.

She grabbed his hand. "Breathe."

I slowly moved from behind him to see him staring at her intensely.

He never looked at me like that.

She turned to me with a smile on her face.

I'm guessing she didn't really want to be friends with me.

She turned back to him. "What are you doing with this girl, Enzo? You're wasting her time."

He turned to look at me before pulling away his hand from her.