31|In Love

Elianna's POV

As soon as I got inside the bedroom, the first thing I did was sit down on the bed.

I felt so weak. I didn't know what was happening to me.

He kissed me on the cheek!

Wild thoughts ran through my mind. It had been a minute since I was kissed by any man.

Part of me wanted him to kiss me on the lips but it was Enzo for crying out loud.

I can't allow that.

I threw the gigantic bouquet of flowers, which were still in my hand, on the ground.

What has gotten into him? Flowers? A kiss on the cheek?

What was he trying to prove?

Was he trying to make me forget everything he did? Never!

He is a monster and I hate him.

No amount of flowers or kisses on the cheek will ever make me forget.

I heard a knock on the door and Seb's voice followed. "Elle, are you PG in there?"

I laughed. "Yes, come in."

He swung the door opened.

"What is it? Are you alright?" I asked. He didn't look so good when I arrived.

"I'm alright but I need your help," he said. "It's Enzo."

"What? What's wrong?"

"He is in this trance and he's not listening to me. It's going to rain soon."

"Seb, I can't help you," I told him.

"Come on, Elle! You have to help me!" He urged but I shook my head.

"Even if I wanted to help you, I can't. If he is not even listening to you, his best friend who he actually gives a shit about, why would he listen to me?"

He held my hand and dragged me to the window.

I looked down to see Enzo working on the engine of that old car which was parked to the side.

"He does this sometimes," he said. "It seems to help him to calm down and concentrate."

I turned my back to the window and looked down. "I can't."

"Oh come on Elle! This is my best friend and also your husband we are talking about!" He begged but I stayed silent.

"This was my fault. I should have told him. Enzo doesn't care for much people but Henry was one of them and now he's gone," he cried. "If I had only told Enzo, he would've stopped him."

Wait, who's Henry?

I looked at him. This was the second time I've seen Sebastian cry.

When I first saw him, I thought he was an unhinged, murderous, psychopath, like that man I was married to, but he was the opposite.

He cared for others. It reminded me of myself in a way.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked and he smiled a little.

"Just help him. Talk to him, hug him, have sex with him in the rain if you have to."

I shook my head. "Seb, this is stupid."

"Please," he begged and I sighed before dragging myself outside.

"Enzo?" I asked as I walked up to him but he didn't answer me. "I know you can hear me."

He moved away from the front and went into the driver's seat.

He attempted to start the engine but it didn't work.

"Why don't you come inside. You had a long day."

"Go away," he said.

"I don't want to be here the same way you don't want me to be here. However, your best friend, who actually gives a shit about you, is worried," I said bluntly.

"He's fine," he said as he left the driver's seat and went back to the front. "Tell him I said to go home."

"I am not your messenger. You tell him that yourself!"

He ignored me again and continued working on the car.

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked angrily. "Did you learn nothing from what I told you last month?"

He immediately paused.

"If you don't want to lose your best friend stop being a jerk and get your ass inside!"

He continued to stare at the engine.

"You're kind of hot when you boss me around like that," he said and it took me by surprise.

"Wh-what?"

He closed the hood and walked over to me.

"What are you really doing out here? Don't say Seb made you do it because if you declined, he wouldn't have forced you to."

"Why does it matter? I got you to stop didn't I?"

He shrugged. "Doesn't matter. I can still go back."

I swallowed as he stepped closer to me. "Are you planning on answering anytime soon?"

"Why are you such a dick? You don't deserve Seb," I said harshly and that seemed to make him mad but I was right.

Seb works his ass off night and day for him and then he comes over to his house to see if he's okay.

I don't know why he cares so much about him.

He acts like Enzo is going to lose it one day.

He watched me for a few seconds before turning around and heading into the house.

I followed behind him.

"Enzo, I'm so sorry. I was so stupid to just think they would let it go," Seb readily said.

Enzo placed his hand on Seb's shoulder. "It's ok, Seb. Send a message to the families and let them know all expenses will be handled by me."

After he said that, he walked up the stairs and didn't say another word.

Seb immediately hugged me. "Thank you, Elle. I knew that you were the only one that would do it."

"You're welcome," I said as I hugged him back. "Wait, how did you know I could do it."

He pulled away and gave me a serious look. "Because he is in love with you."

I could feel a pit in my stomach as his words echoed through my body.

Enzo is in love with me?

"Wait, he is?" I asked as I was scared and surprised at the same time.

He started laughing. "No, I just knew that you were the only person that could annoy him enough to make him lose focus."

My shoulders dropped and I somehow felt sadness.

I don't know what I expected.

"Thanks again for helping, Elle. I should get home," he said before running out the door.

Soon enough it started to pour and I headed up the stairs.

I was sad. I don't know why.

Was I in love with Enzo? No but knowing that he might have been in love with me gave me a possibility to start.

For a split second I thought I could've been like Haze and Eve. They are so happy together.

She changed him. Maybe I could do the same.

However, that was not realistic.

Enzo is rude, cold, ruthless, murderous, a criminal and the list goes on. How could I ever bring him back?

I opened the door and he was already fast asleep on his back.

I changed into my pajamas and placed my head on my pillow.

I closed my eyes and allowed myself to play a fake scenario in my head with the pretend man I've used since I was a freshman in highschool.