CHAPTER 24

Training continued on for four months, and luckily no set backs. Alya had a hard time in the last one but luckily she got the hang of it.

As gentle as a leaf in the wind, she was able to get through the obstacles with ease. With her long fluffy tail in the wind, it was like she was dancing on air till she stopped at the other end.

'Good. That took longer than expected for you to get it.'

She was finally done, or so she thought.

To her horror, She had to start all over again from the top. Strength, speed and agility, was on another level. The old man had attached some weights on her to make the training more difficult.

"Teacher, what is this?" The red head pointed at one of the bracelets on her body.

"They're weights. We'll start with ten kilos, and since there are five bracelets on you, 2 kilos each."

Alya stared at the silver bracelet on her left arm, purple gems were fixed in them with gold linings adorned on the edges.

'This must be expensive.'

As soon as teacher touched one of the gems on the bracelet, Alya's arm felt a bit heavy. The old man did the same thing for the others then sat on the ground.

"Since you're strength has improved, this level  will be easy for you.  Let's start with speed, it would take you four minutes to run five miles, let's see how long it would take now. Begin."

As soon as he yelled, she took to her heels and ran as fast as she could. In four minutes she was back at the starting point.

"Good, no difference, now agility."
He turned around and tapped his cane to reveal the training ground they used to sharpen her agility.

"Let's see if you can still dodge them."

...

A month passed quickly and Alya was finally done with strength, speed and agility. Next was how to apply them in combat.

"When fighting an opponent, it is essential for you to know their weaknesses. That's why it's good to pay attention when fighting, follow your opponent's every move, then try to figure out what their next move would be."

'This is not going to be easy is it.'

"There is offence and defence, we'll start with defense."

With that said, the old man stood in Alya's front with his cane in his hands.

"Show me your stance." he sternly said.

Alya didn't know what to do. The only thing she could think of was what a wrestler would do so she copied it. Her fists were inches away from her face and her feet apart.

'what is she doing?'

She was so embarrassed.

"You'll find your stance during battle. Anyway, I'm going to hit you, let's see what'll happen."

As soon as he stopped talking, a strong force surrounded him, and Alya could feel it. She had second thoughts about this.

"Try not to fly away." In the blink of an eye he wasn't there anymore, and in that same second his fists were already attacking Alya. Luckily she could dodge but she had to block them.

"Dodging works but what if there was no way or time to." Before she could understand, an unseen fist came from behind and sent her flying till she hit a giant tree. The force was so strong it damaged the trunk so much the tree fell. Luckily Alya wasn't really hurt, this was the result of her training.

"Where did that come from?" She asked as she tried to get herself, her back was bruised a bit.

"You can't always expect to know where your opponent is going to strike next. You rarely see me fight, so you don't know how I fight. That's what this part of your training is all about, observation."

Teacher was already in his former position, ready for the next round.

"We will continue till our bodies give up. Are you ready?" His hand gestured for her to come forward.

Alya nodded and stood in her former position. She decided not to make that stance and waited for his attack.

"The way you fight determines your stance, since you will be fighting me for a while, your stance will come to you."

"Yes sir."

.......

Hours upon hours and they still were at it. Alya still dodged most of the attacks but she also managed to block a few. As she fought teacher more, she started to understand a bit of his fighting style. Ignoring his small size, his strength and knowledge of the weak points of the body is not to be messed with.  And since he had been training Alya for months, he had learned all of her weak points which gives him the upper hand.

Alya had noticed that he mostly attacks from behind and below, an easy way to keep your enemy off balance would be from below, and to least expect his attack from behind. This is all thanks to his speed and size. With her heightened senses she was able to get this information, but it doesn't seem to be enough. She still had to find his attack pattern.

Their fight ended in half an hour with teacher winning again. At this point, Alya was drained and bruised. She really needed to lie down.

Teacher, who didn't seem so tired hit his cane on the ground and in a split second, the damaged trees were back to normal. It was almost midnight and they haven't had rest since they started. He wasn't tired but he was still hungry.

"Training is over for today, go wash up, eat and sleep, I'll eat in my room. We'll continue early tomorrow morning. And don't forget what you've observed during our fight. Find ways to counteract. Good night."

Alya nodded and soon, teacher disappeared to his room. Alya followed suit and took a bath before going to have late dinner.

When she was done eating, she didn't sleep immediately, she had to think of a way to beat him.

"He said I should counteract, find a way to block all his attacks, but how?"

She tried to replay the fight scene in her mind and hopefully find a solution, but her head was muddled with thoughts, probably because a cute chubby cat was right in front of her.

"..."(I should probably do it in my room).

Ten pets later, she went to her room to focus.

"Now, how will I beat him?" She asked herself as she replayed every attack.

"Where is the pattern? a second of weakness or hesitation is all I need"

She knew the way he fought was somewhat irregular but could still be found, Everyone has a weakness, even a tiny fraction could bring the whole to it's knees.

After replaying it a few times, she noticed something.

"..."(Gotcha)!