Being a pervert?

Taking a deep breath, I walked inside the new Alpha Manor made for the soon to be Alpha. My chest thudded while I wiped my palms on my jeans. Nervousness and uncertainty settled in my stomach. At the same time, my wolf was purring over the thought of seeing him again. Even though he just threw me out of the training grounds half an hour ago.

Why did he want to see me all of a sudden?

The moment I entered the threshold, his intoxicating scent lingering in the air hit me like a truck. Gulping, I walked into the living room.

There he was, sitting on a black leather couch with his eyes set on his laptop. A frown sat on his forehead. Tanned skin was still glistening with sweat from training. Matt sat right beside him with some papers in his hands. While another pack member, high ranked in the pack stood there.

Matt noticed me first before the Alpha's silver eyes snapped to me. Surprise flashed across them for a moment before they hardened.

Oh no! Did I do something wrong? I was late, I had to change my clothes.

"Rory? What are you doing here?" Matt asked, smiling.

I dragged my gaze away from those silver eyes with difficulty. "Uh, h-he wanted to see me?"

The statement sounded more like a question. Matt raised a brow before casting Vin a look.

"May I know why you're having such a grave misconception?" Voice deep.

I blinked, frowning. Panic started to kick in. "But…Gina said…"

"Your habit of following me around like an obsessed puppy is getting worse. I must say, you are brave enough to show up at my doorsteps with a pathetic excuse now."

Each word of his hit right in my heart like sharp little needles.

Though he was right in one thing, I was obsessed with him. That was why no matter how much he hurt me with his words, I kept coming back.

The pack member standing there snorted, while Matt's brows furrowed. I made myself a fool again. Gina must have lied to me, to get me into trouble. And here I held a hope that he would say sorry or explain his behavior.

Biting my lip, I looked down ignoring the tightness in my throat. "I'm sorry. I won't disturb you again."

Just as I turned to leave, his voice stopped me.

"Now that you are here, why not do some work?"

I turned to find him standing.

"Go make us some drinks and clean the house." He then shot a look at Matt before disappearing upstairs.

My wolf whimpered in my mind. I was a mere maid to him now, just like the others thought of me.

Blinking away the tears, I avoided Matt's pitiful eyes and walked into the kitchen silently. I was just an omega, I didn't have any right to disobey the Alpha.

Once I was done serving drinks to Matt and the other man, I went back to clean the kitchen. He hadn't come down yet, and for the first time, I was glad he wasn't there. I was mad at him. Even though my wolf still wanted to go after him and nuzzle herself in his arms.

Why couldn't she understand that we weren't his mate? He didn't care for us anymore.

"Beta, the unmated wolves were gone after Alpha Vinson ordered. But now that tomorrow night is the blood moon and the crown ceremony will be held, all the Alphas and Betas are needed to be here. So…" I heard the man hesitating as I approached the living room. "They will be back today again. Alpha Christopher already sent them invitations last night."