(C17)

Vivian Grey

Two days pass a whole lot faster than people think ,especially when those two days are spent learning your new house with your mate who pops up every few hours with gifts and flowers and a dazzling smile with heart-stopping blue eyes.

I've been fixing up the house and adding things from shopping sprees with Hannah who was having way more fun decorating my house than I was, that with my parents coming in a few hours. I really needed to do something other than shop, I'm sure even Zaliver's card had its limits. . .I think.

At the moment I was looking over my house greeting outfit, much to my dismay I felt like one of those housewives inviting her parents into her new home with her new husband to show that we were living the grand life. I had curled my hair a little and had a silver chain around my neck and diamond drop earrings Zaliver had brought me yesterday to match the soft peach dress I was wearing, I guess me dressing up all nice was a way to show my parents I was being very well cared for. I hadn't seen Zaliver since this morning with him saying he was going to be running around the island to make sure everything was alright and in order for when my parents got here.

I had a feeling he wanted everything to go perfect like he actually wanted my parents to like him which I thought was cute yet very odd because I knew that at the end of the day he was older than them and me, stronger than them and his word was final. Very odd in deeded. In the two days we, or more specifically I, decided we needed a master plan to go along with. Zaliver had listened carefully but I could see the amusement in his eyes as he watched me pace the room.

* * *

I was walking back and forth in front of him in my pj's, my hair tied up in a loose bun. Zaliver was sitting in bed with his legs extended and crossed at the ankles, his arms crossed over his chest.

"We should come up with a plan for when my parents come. We should-Yes, we should." I muttered that last part mostly for myself, nerves rattling in me.

I wasn't just nervous because they were coming but I actually wanted them to like Zaliver because I realized with what he said in the car that my family was now his family. Not even apart of his family, no, literally his family. Zaliver as far as he and I knew, had no family.

"And what do you have in mind?" He asked me.

I looked at him suspiciously because I was pretty sure he already had a plan or else he wouldn't have invited them. Zaliver was very. . . Cunning if I must say so, it was being to set that the man didn't do anything without a reason. It was good yet very scary trait.

"Well, I'm not sure yet, but I know you must have some plan. Right?" I turned to look at him.

"Indeed I do. Your parents will arrive, get escorted here where you can greet them, I will not be around the first few minutes for two reasons, the first, to obviously give you time with them." He explained.

"And the second?" I asked when he said no more. He lifted a brow at me, face a balance of seriousness and playfulness.

"The other reason I don't leave the island is because of the effect my presence alone does to other wolves. Everyone here has already gotten use to the massive amount of power I radiate, more so than an alpha. What do you think your parent's reactions would be when if I open the door? I'd really rather not make your parents drop to their knees when we first meet, I hear it's a bad impression." He said matter of factly.

It was true, I'm guessing he was somehow surprising how much power he really had because through the bond I felt an odd sensation of a strong destructive force behind a wall, like he had a tight lid on a bottle of soda he had just shaken up. Yet, every once in a while he'd give off a wave of power, it was almost barely noticeable but still enough to catch attention, even I struggled not to want to cower and that was just from him walking in, imagen Zaliver angry. . . Nope.