Sophia

It's Friday, the day of the biggest match! Everyone is buzzing with excitement for tonight's game. The dorm door swings open, and in walks Ella, hand in hand with her boyfriend Alex, radiating with happiness, their hands wrapped around each other.

This season is the worst! People wearing Hockey merchandise everywhere, professors letting players leave early, and "let's go lions" posters are up and banners which is taking over the chill out zone and even the library. I feel like I'm the only one who couldn't care less about this match!

Even The giggling and kissing was putting me off from working on my song. It seemed like everywhere I turned, Ella and Alex were locked in their own little world, oblivious to everything and everyone around them. I understood that they were in love, but their constant public displays of affection were starting to get on my nerves.

Ella is my best friend, and I am genuinely happy that she had found someone who makes her so happy. But sometimes it felt like they were intentionally flaunting their relationship in front of me, knowing that I have never had a boyfriend before and struggling to find someone special.

"Hey, Sophia! You won't believe the energy at tonight's hockey match. It's going to be epic! You should totally come with me this time."

Ella's boyfriend, Alex is adored by everyone and I mean EVERYONE! for being on the hockey team. And tonight, they had a match, which meant that Ella would be there, cheering him on from the stands.

"Thanks for thinking of me, Ella, but I have this song to write for my upcoming music exam."

Ella: "Come on, Sophia! You have to live a little. It's not always about exams and studying. College is about embracing new adventures and creating unforgettable memories".

"I know you mean well, Ella, but this song is crucial for my exam. I need to focus on it right now."

Ella: "I understand, Sophia, but don't forget to take breaks and enjoy the college experience. You're incredibly talented, and I want to see you shine."

"I'm right, aren't I babe?" She says as she locks her eyes at Alex.

"Absolutely, you should come, Sophia," Alex replied.

Ella then looks at me with her puppy eyes and says, "Please come, Sophia."

I just couldn't help but have Ella's words playing on my mind. I realized that Ella was kind of right. College is about more than just exams and studying. It's about embracing new experiences and finding a balance between pursuing passions and making memories.

"Alright, alright, you two have convinced me. Count me in for the hockey match!".

Ella is jumping for joy after I've agreed to go.