THIRTY

loïse madden

.  .  .  .  .  .

"Don't look or I'll throw a fucking fit", Sebastian warns me oh so sweetly. He's covering my eyes with his hands as he shoves me forward a little. 

We're in Boston for Dean's birthday and I still can't get over the fact that little ole me is actually travelling around. During my childhood, there was never a budget for extra holidays. We're staying here for three days, during which we're going to explore the city at day, and the clubs at night. Or at least, the hockey team will. I went with them the first night, and I decided to make it the last time I ever visit a club. I'm a little shaken up from watching people snort cocaine like it's candy and it's just too wild, honestly. 

I prefer watching Netflix back at the hotel, or going for a late-night snack with the other girls. They're all so kind and fun, it's lovely to be around them. 

"Okay, open your eyes", Sebastian says finally. He removes his hands and a huge building is in front of me. I frown in confusion, then proceed to read the letters spread across the building. 

Museum of Fine Arts. 

"Really?!", I ask happily. He nods his head, then shows me the tickets in his hand. 

"Are we really going inside?", I ask, still not really believing we're about to visit one of my most desired musea in a few minutes. Sebastian nods again. I kiss him on his cheek and he gives me an unhappy look. I smile at that and peck his lips after. His glance turns in a cute baby smile. 

"I can't believe you actually decided to come to this museum", I tell him. He's not one to really enjoy art and stuff, give him a tv, hockey match and a bag of chips and he'll be fine. 

"It's a whole sacrifice but I guess you're worth it", he sighs and I almost get teary-eyed. He's just so sweet. 

We get in after waiting in line for a whole freaking hour and I'm blow away immediately by the stunningness of this museum. I take my time looking at each and every painting and statue. For the amount of money these tickets cost, I need to really enjoy this. Because they're pretty darn expensive. 

"Ready to leave?", Sebastian asks after just two hours. 

"Sweetheart, we only went through 1/3 of the museum. Do you already want to go?", I ask. He rolls his eyes and sighs. 

"I fucking hate this", he grunts. 

"Well, we can do something you'd want to do after this, okay? So first something I like, then something you do."

The corners of his lips turn up in a smirk. "I can live with that."

I smile happily at our fair compromise and return to watch the painting in front of me. We continue walking around for a couple more minutes, until I feel the urge to use the bathroom. 

"Do you think there's a bathroom around here that I can use?", I ask him seriously. 

"No", he drawls out. I give him a look. "Of course there is, do you think they want everyone to piss their pants?", he continues after a second. 

"What's got you so annoyed?", I ask him, raising an eyebrow. 

"Sorry", he says quietly and looks back at the ground. I reach in to kiss him. I know how much he dislikes this, but he's trying.