River

This summer my summer job was outside and we were allowed to swim on our breaks. This is very inspired by the feelings I felt during the time. I hope you enjoy this short story, I do know Hermione and Ginny are more accepting of girls in this story than they would of in the books.

I post all of my fanfiction on three accounts. One is Archiveofourown under the username FangirlWriter1!, under the username DaniMason, and on Wattpad under the name FangirlWriter. And finally, I have a Twitter Account with the username DaniMason2019. Please follow it for updates on my stories and other messages. I also have a Tumblr account with the username danimason2019.

Also, please check if your guys' settings have you signed up for email notifications if you are reading this story. I don't own the characters of Harry Potter.

-FangirlWriter

Hermione and Ginny weren't allowed to be in the Burrow for most of the day in the summer. It was super hot, and Hermione especially hated the heat. Her skin would get rashy, and she would get snappy. So Ginny had an idea. She knew there was a river about a half mile away and it was perfect.

They didn't have to dress in the swimsuit dress that her Mom would make them wear due to "not tempting the boys." Ginny thought that her Mom hadn't learned the truth about being a woman, No matter what you do, you will always get someone to be tempted by you because you are a woman. No amount of covering up can protect you or save you.

Ginny and Hermione walked to the river with towels and a book for Hermione. They also brought sunscreen, sunglasses and elastics, and a brush. Once they got to the river, it looked so alluring and beautiful. The sun was beating down, and sweat had soaked their capris and tank tops. They had bikinis on underneath so Mrs. Weasley couldn't freak out.

They jumped right in the bikinis, and they held hands while walking upstream laughing the whole time. The summer in the river was like poetry. So much laughter and blunt and beautiful conversations about their problems. Problems like violently painful periods, Does anyone have bearable periods, or does everyone hide the problems because it was frowned upon to talk about it? Who knows and at the end of the day does it really matter?

Ginny and Hermione have a blast and always spend all day in the sun and get good tans (for England) and they founded a lifelong friendship. One of the most beautiful things in the world in their opinion, is female friendship. Summers always brought those memory flooding back. The memories of carefree youth and angst rolled up into chasing whatever joy they could find in the river.

The water was so cold and refreshing. The rocks on the bottom of the river were sharp and hard. Their legs were covered in bruises and cuts everywhere. Their feet and legs would hurt all summer, but the feeling of bliss was completely worth it.