Chapter 2 The End and the Beginning (Part 2)

Once she walked in, she did not see the long cave tunnel that was there before. Instead, she was inside a huge cavern bigger than the one she was in before. There is a huge lake with golden sunset lotuses and floral treasure orange lotuses. Right in front of her is a well-crafted red wooden bridge leading to a tiny island where a red and black pagoda stands. It has 12 floors and its design was popular 500 years ago, according to a book that she has read by passing in secret. The scene looks magnificent and very out of this world. No one would fault her if she thought that she had arrived at the place for deities. She stands there in awe until she hears a rumbling sound from behind her, She looks back and the path behind her has disappeared. Now the only place she can go to is the pagoda. So she walks onwards. As she walks closer to the pagoda mist starts to form around the bridge, and it gets thicker and thicker with each step she takes. It did not take long for her to not see anything. Then she started to hear ghostly whispers eerily breathing and soon an unsettling tune of 2 erhus playing different tunes. Then suddenly she hears the chilly song of a woman.

" Die, in the river, the river turning red. Blood red, blood red. The crimson lake. Many have traveled, no survivors. Will you die too, dear, will you turn the hue more crimson? Join the souls of the forgotten lake. Forever slumber. Die, in the river, the river turning red. Blood red, blood red. The crimson lake. Many have traveled, no survivors. Will you die too, dear, will you turn the hue more crimson? Join the souls of the forgotten lake. Forever slumber. Die, in the river, the river turning red. Blood red, blood red. The crimson lake. Many have traveled, no survivors. Will you die too, dear, will you turn the hue more crimson? Join the souls of the forgotten lake. Forever slumber."

The voice is the singing maiden is horrifying yet intoxicatingly enchanting. Zan Cui's eyes turn blurry and unfocused. She starts to walk toward the edge of the bridge like she is sleepwalking. Once her hands touch the fence, she starts to climb up. The mist around her starts to disappear showing a little bit of the lake. Then a beautiful woman descends from the lake, with her silky black hair adorned in silver hair accessories, pearl-like eyes, pale skin, and red lips as red as the dress she is wearing. It is a dress from the West. With a lot of frills and ribbons, a huge full skirt as wide as a broom. She is clearly not from around here. She gives her a beautiful smile and she takes up her arms to reach towards her and sings.

" Now, child make the lake more crimson red, crimson red, crimson red. Come child, come child. join us in our slumber. Now, child make the lake more crimson red, crimson red, crimson red. Come child, come child. join us in our slumber. Now, child make the lake more crimson red, crimson red, crimson red. Come child, come child. join us in our slumber. "

Just as Zan Cui is about to take one step, she snaps out of it and her eyes turn clear. She shakes her head to clear her mind.

Zan Cui: " No, I won't join you." She says as she coldly stares at the woman. Seeing this the woman looks upset and sings even louder.

" Now, child make the lake more crimson red, crimson red, crimson red. Come child, come child. join us in our slumber. Now, child make the lake more crimson red, crimson red, crimson red. Come child, come child. join us in our slumber. Now, child make the lake more crimson red, crimson red, crimson red. Come child, come child. join us in our slumber. "

Her eyes start to cloud again but just before she is hypnotized again she takes out a dagger and cuts her wrist. The pain helped her to keep a clear head, and her eyes turned back to normal.

Zan Cui: " I don't know what you are, but I won't let you take me." She says with a lot of conviction and the maiden's face turns ugly from anger. Her beautiful face was now twisted and looked horrifying. With 5 towns of teeth, and holes like a bee hive covering her face, now she has 4 sets of pitch-black eyes and she is covered in blood.