Chapter 10 Guest

Zan Cui stayed in Indoor cultivation for about a week. During that time she has also mastered the moon essence technique and there is only one step away from doing so. She has even advanced 2 levels. Normally it would take at least 6 months to 2 years for someone to level up just one level. From first foundation level 1 to first foundation level 2. So her leveling up so soon and 2 levels no less, without anything aiding her is considered near impossible, yet she could do so with ease. But one of the reasons she was able to do so so fast is because she has already been at that level once so it is easier to go through that transition because of memory. But this will only work at the first foundation 5 levels beyond that it won't work because she needs more than spiritual cultivation to advance. She also needs to cultivate her body. Because if she dont then her body will not be able to handle her spiritual power. At best she would be bedridden at worst her body would break down and she would slowly die. That is why cultivators dont just sitt down and meditate to cultivate but also gain battle experience. Ofcusre things like pills and spirit stones also help with their cultivation but if you solely rely on those then they would be weaker than those on the same level and even someone on a lower level can defete them. There is also a risk of impurities in using too many pills which can halt their path of cultivation and even make one bedridden in the worst-case scenario. 

So at the end of the day, true cultivation can only be achieved through hard work, although for some it is easier than others and that is why only about 20 % of all cultivators become powerful, the rest stay at the lower 3 level stages of cultivation. Things like resources, talent, and luck are all important factors for a cultivator, even if you work hard you can not advance on only hard work alone. That is why An Lang made her son drink her blood thinking that it would be a great tonic for his cultivation and even transfer her fate to him. Of course that is just a fool's notion as something like that can't be stolen away from the owner. Although it did seem that his cultivation improved a little after drinking it and that is why she still believed that it was working even after he drank it. That is why the fortune teller was not accused of fraud. Even when the effect wore off after he drank it for the 4th time, thinking about it now Zan Cui wonders if that fortune teller was just a random frude that she found or if that person in reality had mad intentions and wanted to harm her. After all, there are 3 reactions toward someone with a dragon fate. The first one is reverence and worship. The second one is to use them for their benefit and the last one is to kill them before they become powerful enough and challenge them.

When Zan Cui decided to take a break from cultivating someone was kicking the door opan to her room. Zan Cui knows who it is without looking but of course when someone kicks your door opan one can not help but look over. And as she expected the person who did it was her so-called brother Boxin Cui. The same brother that drank her blood in the past. Knowing him, the reason he kicked her door open is because he wants to cause trouble. She doesn't remember what he is after or if this is something new that only happened in this timeline but she doesn't care. All she cares about is not letting him get what he wants, she is no longer the foolish girl in the past who doesn't want to fight back in case of trouble. Those consequences are no longer any threat to her. What punishment? What disownment? She no longer cares, in fact, she welcomes it gladly as that would mean that she can no longer be bullied as in the past. So she stares at him with eyes as cold as eyes waiting for him to act. Seeing her like this her brother gets shivers behind his back. But thinking about it there is no way that he should be scared of her. After all, she is a useless cribble that is only alive in order to make him stronger when the time is right. What threat can she possibly be? 

Boxin Cui: " Why are you looking at me like that, dont you know what is good for you?!

Zan Cui: "..."

Boxin Cui: " Hay, why so quiet, are you too scared to speak?"

Zan Cui: " Are you too stupid to know manners?"