Chapter 8 Uncle please listen to me (Part 3)

The 2 of them walk to the main hall where the banquet will be held. The main hall is only reserved for special occasions so the Cui family holds this event in very high regard. Especially when even royalty will attend. Once they walked in a servant announces their names and bowed down to them. The table formation in the banquet hall is ordered by importance. With the family head sitting in the middle of the back. Beside him is his wife and the person of honor their eldest causing Hong Cui. The tables are set in a rectangular formation with empty space in the middle so that one can walk towards the family head. It is to say that the closer you sitt to the family head the more honorable you are. The hall is decorated in red and yellow and looks very lavish. As per custom once one enters a banquet of a big family the first thing one should do is to walk towards the family head and greet them and that is exactly what they do. They walk on the red carpet and do a courtesy greeting to the family head and his wife after that they congratulate their cousin. They only left to go to their set when the family head allowed them to do it which did not take long. 

Fai Cuis please is the third table closest to the family head on the right. The table has 3 seats and she is sitting in the middle. It is to be said that the young ones sitt on the left while the adults sitt on the other side. The person sitting on the right of her is already there and it turns out to be their second cousin Pei Cui while the seat on the left is empty as that is where Aoqi will sitt. Although normally their second cousin should sitt closer to the family head because of his age he is from the second branch of the family so his seniority does not matter as he also is not that talented either. As Fei Cui is on the way to sit down she looks around to find her uncle and to see if the second prince has arrived yet. Knowing that her uncle is not very popular in the family she looks at the seats furthest away from the family head and sure enough, he is sitting there while eating grapes. Then she looks towards the seats on her side closest to the family head and sure enough, the seat closest to the family head is empty which means that he has yet to arrive.

She takes a deep calming breath and sits down on her resinated place. She and her second cousin are not on good terms so he only glances at her but does not speak to her. Seeing this Aoqi gets a little annoyed with his attitude but before she can say anything Fei stops her and guides her to her seat. Then she whispers into her ear: "Aoqi call down, we dont want a fight during this occasion."

Aoqi (Whispers):" Alright I know, it is just that he is so useless yet he looks down on you that makes me so mad."

Fei: "Don't be, it doesn't matter."

Aoqi: " You... you are always so soft-hearted. Your future husband will surely bully you unless he is a pushover. But your mother would never marry you off to someone of no importance."

Fei: 'Oh you have no idea how true that statement is'.

Fei: " Well you never know what the future will bring."

Aoqi: " We will see."

Right then the servant announces the arrival of the second prince Anpei Zao. This prince is 5 years older than Fei and Zan but he doesn't look more mature at all. The prince looks as if he is their age and is very handsome with his jade-like skin pitch black eyes and amber-colored hair. As a prince, it is only natural that he looks very regal with evry step he takes but watching him now Fei feels that it is all fake. Naturally, with his upbringing, this is how he should act but experiencing this scene a second time she realizes that his aura is nothing compared to the crown prince. To him, it is embedded in his bones while for the second prince is only a pretense. In short, seeing this now she wonders how she actually had feelings for him in the past. 

Fei: 'I must have been blind'. She thinks as she watches the price great the family head. 

Then remembering past advents she looks over at Aoqi and sure enough she looks at him like a lovestruck fool.

Fei: " Aoqi, dont tell me that you fell in love at first sight with the prince."

Aoqi: " Oh... Ah... sorry I was absent-minded and yes I did."

Pei Cui: " Are you blind, he looks like a sissy?"

Aoqi: " How could a man understand the fancies of a girl?"

Fei: " ... Aoqi."

Aoqi: " Yes?"

Fei: " Mother is planning to pair me with the second prince."

Aoqi: " W... w... what?" She says all flustered and disappointed.

Fei: " I dont want to, it is what Mother wants. But if you like him I can try to convince mother to let you marry him instead."

Aoqi: " Are yous sure? That man is a hunk, how could you not want him?"

Fei: " I... I like muscular men." She lied.

Aoqi: " Oh, I see... then thank you."

Fei: " No, problem."

That is when the family head raises his glass and lets the banquet officially begin. The servant comes in with food and the atmosphere becomes marry. As she sees all the luxurious food, Fei can not help but think of her sister. So she uses her spacial ring and secretly sores some food in it to give her twin. As the banquet continues music starts to play and many dancers dance to the tune making everyone very happy. Fei patiently waits for it to be all over so that she can leave and speak with her uncle but suddenly the family calls her up together with her mother.

The family head: " Little Fei, I have spoken with the second prince. What do you think about getting engaged with him? He seems to have a good opinion of our family."

Hearing this An Lang gets very excited and uses her eyes to tell her to agree. Fei ignores this and takes a deep sigh then she answers as she bows down like she has committed a sin.

Fei: " I am sorry, but I have to refuse."

Hearing this answer the prince smiles and twitches as he tries to control his mood and her mother also tries to. hold back her anger.

The family head:" May I ask you why." He asks with a disapproving tone.

Fei: " Just now, my cousin Aoqi fell in love with the price at first strike. I do not dare to steal the man in her heart away from her. She is basically my sister and sisters dont covet their men."

Hearing this answer the mood becomes better as they know that she did not intend to be disrespectful. Although she can feel the disapproval of her mother even without looking.

The family head:" What you think your highness?"

Anpei Zao: " I see that the second miss thinks highly of family relationships, so I will comply with your wishes. I hereby declare that this sister of yours will be engaged with me. I will report to his majesty and a royal edict will be passed on to you in due time."

The family head: " You are wise your highness."

Anpei Zao: " However I still wish to take you in as well, but I will wait until I have convinced you. After all, I dont want you to think that you destroyed your sister's relationship. I am sure that with due time you both are happy with marrying me together."

Fei: 'Pig'.

Fei: " Thank you for your understanding."

The family head: " You may return to your seat."

Fei: "Thank you."

Fei then walks back to her seat and tells Aoqi the good news. 2 hours later the banquet comes to a close and Fei who has always kept an eye on her uncle hurriedly rushes over and grabs his sleeve before he goes any further.

Fei: "Uncle, let's speak in private. I have something important to tell you."

Eun Xi: " Alright, follow me to my study."