Chapter 12 Determination

Later that day Eun Xi and Fei Cui finally found Zan Cui after waiting for her to finish her indoor cultivation. Seeing Eun Xi Zan Cui gets a little emotional but she is still very calm. One would not notice it if they did not look closely into her eyes. Seeing this Eun Xi shighs.

Eun Xi: Why are the twins so emotional when they see me lately? What has happened? They are acting like I have died once and revived.

If only he knew how true his statement was. Eun Xi smiles at his nice and pats her head, an action that makes Zan Cui freeze as she is unsure how to handle this unfamiliar action. Seeing this Eun Xi looks at her with a heavy heart as he realizes that he may have undermined the problem between her and her family. It turns out that the situation is more serious than he has realized, after all this tiny show of affection should not make her freeze as she has experienced something impossible. No, perhaps he did know he was just fooling himself that things were still salvageable. Unintentionally Because he wanted it to be. 

Eun Xi: " We need to talk." Hearing this Zan Cui knew what he wanted to ask, after all, what else could it be when he said it seriously?

Zan Cui: "Let's go to my room, no one would bother to eavesdrop on our conversation there."

Knowing that it is the truth he doesn't say anything but he can't help but worry about how she said something so degrading so easily. She is like a beautiful wild rose that has many thorns to protect itself. That is what Zan Cui resembles, protecting herself even from her biological family. They may not be biologically related but she still has married into their family so he considers them his family. The only ones left are from the Cui family. So when they ask him for help there is no way that he can turn them down, he just wants to make sure that the 2 of them are sure of their decision and know the implications of this decision. If they dont know that then he can not be comfortable letting them do it. After all, if they are not ready then they won't survive long unless a kind stranger helps them. But such sense is rare in this place where strength reigns supreme. So this talk is necessary. Once they are inside Zan Cui's room they close the door behind them and sit down.

Eun Xi: "You know what this is about dont you?"

Zan Cui: " Yes."

Eun Xi: " Do you both know the consequences of your actions?

The twins: " Yes."

Eun Xi: Sigh, do you really?"

Zan Cui: "Uncle, even if we weren't I still believe that it would be better to stay here. I Rather have control of my fate than let it be destroyed by others. If my decision is wrong then at least it was my choice. Even if you and sister disagree I would still go."

Fei Cui: " Sister is right and even if she wasn't I would still choose to leave with her then to stay here without her." Seeing their determination Eun Xi knows that both of them have truly thought it through. Seeing them like this they really remind him of their father who would never let anything get in his way. He was a good man and it is a shame that he disappeared before they turned 3 years old. Nobody knows if he is dead or alive and seeing his children like this he can not help but feel that maybe his stubborn personality might have ruined his children's future. After all, if he was here then nobody in the Cui family would dare to bully them. 

Eun Xi:  Ah, Zimo Cui you have really let your daughters down... But since it had already come this far dont blame me for taking over as their new father. They at least deserve one adult figure who protects them. So even if you come back dont expect that I will not give you a hard time. Even though you left for a good cause it doesn't excuse you from your niligence of your children.

Eun Xi: " Vey well, I will go with you. I will take over the role that was meant to be your father's if you will have me." 

Hearing this the twins look at him with teary eyes, not from sadness but from happiness and the weight that has always been in their heart. All they have ever wanted was for just one person to love and care for them without any expectations and although they have always known how much their uncle cared for them it doesn't compare with him saying it out loud to them. After all, their uncle always tried to protect them but he never took it upon himself to truly adopt them. Probably because he never felt that it was his place as they still have their biological mother by their side and he is not even blood-related to them. So he probably was only able to say this now because they wanted to break free and dose he as the courage to take that role. Seeing their reaction he doesn't know what to do.

Eun Cui: " Did I go too far..." Just as was talking Fei Cui hugged him and said: " No, not at all. We are just so happy!"

Hearing this he looks at Zan Cui and she nods. Knowing this he becomes happy as in truth he was very nervous when he said this. But now all of it has disappeared and turned into joy. So he hugs Fei Cui back and asks Zan Cui if she wants a hug too. She shakes her head as if she doesn't really need it, no it is more like she has gone without it for so long that she got used to it, and now she can't help but to avoid it. The 3 stay there without saying anything for a while until they finally decide to go back to business.

Eun Xi: " Do you have a plan?"

Zan Cui: " Not yet but I do have a checklist on what must be done."

Eun Xi: " Let me hear it."

Zan Cui: " 1. Become stronger. 2. Earn money 3. Find a way to let them erase their names in the family register 4. Find a place to stay where the Cui clan won't dare to bother them. 

Eun Xi: " Alright, I see you have thought a lot about it. But you need... no we need to come up with a plan as soon as possible."

Zan Cui: " I know, but there is no hurry. What is most important now is the 2 first points becuse the other things are useless unless we can't survive without the clan. Besides, you and Fei Cui, need to find a way to stall time. We must not let Fei Cui get engaged. If that happens it will be harder for them to let her go. Since right now I have no say in the family I can not help you with this."

Fei Cui: " I know, I already have a plan."

Eun Xi: " You do?"

Fei Cui: " Yes, my mother has chosen the second prince for me. But I just witnessed Aoqi fall in love with him at first sight. So I will push her to take my place. She loves him so I will help jer have him."

Zan Cui: "... You have to be careful, he might try to marry you both."

Eun Xi: " She is right, the emperor is such a person so I dont believe that his sons aren't like him."

Fei Cui: " I know, but he can't marry both of us at the same time so all I need to do is to push her to marry him before me and then I have bought some time."

Eun Xi: " That is feasible but only a short-term solution and I am sure that your mother has a backup plan."

Fei Cui: "Don't worry, I will be careful. Besides I can't deal with suitors who I dont know."

Eun Xi: " You are right."

The 3 of them talked together and tried to make some plans on what they could do now until it was night time and finally, the 3 of them separated as they needed to sleep. Fei Cui wanted to sleep together with Zan Cui but she refused as she would get into unnecessary trouble with their mother if she did so Fei Cui could only leave with regret.