Chapter 11 Han Fangs plan

Once Han Fang is out of the main gate of the Cui family mansion he is greeted by 10 of his personal elite guards all sworn loyalty to him and not the Fang family. They are standing around his personal horse carriage. The carriage is made out of camphor wood in order to repel insects. The carriage is painted silver and is adorned with intricate wood carvings and also decorated with a few 5th-grade spirit stones and as such are yellow in color. Pulling the carriage are not horses or oxen but lesser qilins. Lesser qilins are a part of the qilin family but are not considered true qilins. Although they look just like one they have no horns and instead have a huge mane like a lion. Unlike true qilins the mane of a huge horse mane. Lesser qilins are less powerful and not as rare but they are still rare enough that only rich peapole can afford them. But only some who have a very huge wealth can afford many and would dare to use them just to pull a carriage. That is to say that this is a huge display of wealth that will make everyone jealous.

As he walks in all the guards bow down in respect and don't stop until he orders them to do. Then without him needing to say anything one of the guards opened the carriage door for him and he walked in and sat down. The guard closes the red curtain over the window and then closes the door. Now the couch man starts to dive towards the Fang family mansion with the guards following beside the carriage. But he is not alone in the carriage as there is a boy just 3 years younger than him sitting opposite of him. The boy shares the same colored hair and eyes and shares many similar facial features that Han Feng has. Only the boy looks more youthful not as refined as him. This person is Han Feng younger brother of the same mother, Xin Fang.

Xin Fang: " Back so soon?"

Han Feng: " I told you that I only went there to confirm it and that's why I did not let you go with me." 

Xin Feng: " So was your information correct?"

Han Feng: " Yes." 

Xin Fang: " But brother, did you not despise your destined partner? Besides it is a boy not acknowledged by her own clan. How is he worthy of you?"

Han Feng: " No, Zan Cui is a woman."

Xin Feng: " What, so she is a calamity? Brother, just ignore her existence, I dont believe that your connection is that strong. After all, if it were you would have been searching desperately for her the moment you knew about her."

Han Feng glares at him coldly and says: " Watch your mouth, i felt our connection, and true to the legends, I not only feel happy when I see her but I also feel my qi becoming denser around her. True to the prophet's words, a phoenix can not live forever without its dragon."

Xin Feng: " You dont know that."

Han Feng: " No I do." 

What others did not know is that while Zan Cui turned back time not only did she remember the memories from her previous timeline, but all her phoenix partners did as well as they are bound by fate. That is Why Fei Cui also remembered everything that happened. Their connection runs so deep that they will even be reborn together. It is becuse of his previous life that Han Feng knows just how much he relies on his dragon partner. Although he lived a glorious life few his age can compare to him his life later started to go downhill. Started with his poisoning, and after that, his cultivation barely improved and he had to live in constant pain. Later he learned that it was not just him being too weak it turns out that he ignored his fated partner which led to all his misfortunes and it was only because he was strong enough that he managed to be still alive and not be devoured by his enemies. It turned out that without the presence of his fated partner his yang energy started to build up like a flood leading to him becoming unlucky and sick. If it wasn't becuse his partner is a dragon and he a phoenix this would not be a problem but now that they are it becomes a huge problem if they dont mark each other before he gets 27. However, he never reached that age becuse his partner died so his health got a lot worse and he died soon after. Although he doesn't know why he was reborn, he knows that in this life he can't make the same mistake. He needs to be together with his fated person, whether it is as a lover or close ally. He has to admit that being lovers did strangely not turn him off but he can't say that he has developed any romantic feelings.

Although most believe that you can't control your feelings for your fated partner and that a phoenix is just an unwilling love slave to their dragon and they can't have platonic feelings for each other unless they are blood-related he knows that it is not the truth. although most become lovers not all of them do. They are destined to be irreplaceable partners but that can purely be out of friendship and not romantic love. Although he doesn't like the fact that his phoenix partner has more than one fated person it is something he has accepted. After all, it is a small price to pay compared to the alternative. He just has to make sure that he doesn't fall in love with her then he won't be hurt. What he has to do now is to do now is 3 things. 

1. He has to get closer to Zan Cui. 2. Find out how she died in the first place and prevent it. 3. investigate who her other phoenix partners are and prevent them from getting close to her until he has established a stable relationship with her. He already knows who the 2 of them are and luckily he doesn't have to worry about them as they dont know who she is and just like him previously dont want to get close to her. After all most men dont like being subservient, especially to someone they have to share with others. In fact, they thought that their dragon partner was a man as most peapole with a dragon fate are. He thought so too until he tried to investigate a few days ago. It is funny how the Cui family tried to hide her but did not do a good job with it. It is like they thought that no one would investigate it so they did not even bother covering it up. They thought it would be enough to hide her away, seal away her ability to cultivate, and not mention her existence to outsiders. Also, what is the point of having her pretend to be a man if they are not going to show her in the public eye?

Just thinking bout all the things he has c found out his blood boils with anger. He has no doubt that the only reason he cares is becuse of the bond they have that was arranged by the heavens. But he doesn't care, others may call it fake but have feelings ever truly been real? You might be in love with one person and then hate them the next day. Feelings have no reason and can't be trusted completely. It can only be trusted if there is a guarantee for it that what he is feeling has it. Throughout, before he met her in person he really did not feel anything but once he did it he could feel it. The warm sensation all over his body, the invisible force telling him to get closer. Telling him that she is the answer to everything he wants and needs. It is like he was hypnotized but still rational. And unexpectedly he did not want to fight against this sensation. He has felt this feeling before but completely abhorred it. So he broke free from it and killed the woman who tried to hypnotize him into liking her. That person was his cousin, someone whom he once thought of as a sister. That happened when he was 12 and ever since then he realized one thing. That is that order to control one life one needs to throw away useless feelings and only trust someone when one knows that their betraying you will give them no benefits. 

But when he met her he instead felt joy. If it was becuse she was his salvation or becuse their fate decided by the heavens was just that strong or something else. He doesn't know but he doesn't care, in truth, he knows that this feeling won't give him any harm even if Zan Cui wants to kill him it will be hard for her to do so as that requires immense willpower. Enough for her to go against the laws of heaven. Even if she managed to do that it doesn't stop the fact that he would die without her and she will be weaker without him. But since she has 6 Phoenix partners losing one would not do much if she had the other 5 by her side but it will still cripple her a little. Who would want to lose 6th of their power willingly after all? 

But there is one thing that is bothering him and that is her reaction to their connection is not as strong as he is. It seems that she only felt a little ripple compared to the overwhelming feeling he felt. Of course, she could be hiding it but her confused reaction when he asked her could not be faked. Could it be that dragons dont have a strong connection to their phoenixes that phoenixes have to their dragon? No matter if it is true or not it means that getting closer to her will be more difficult than he thought. It seems that he has to investigate more deeply about her. If he can find a way to help her then it will make the whole process a lot easier.