062*

"Charlie." Minho warned at the dinner table. "Don't throw the food."

"This. Is. Disgusting!" He wiped his mouth a million times. "Mommy, I want something else."

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with Newt's cooking skills, Charlie. Eat your food." I replied.

There was definitely something wrong with Newt's cooking skills.

"What even is this?" He continued, spatting his words out along with the food. "Mashed potatoes with mud? Dried up soup? A mix of salt and oil? Poop with-."

"Charlie, enough." Minho pointed his finger at the six-year-old. "When I was-."

"Ew, stop." He cut his father off. "I don't care what kind of food you had when you were younger!"

What we by now did find out, was that Charlie had some issues with anger. He didn't know how to respond to it, or how to stop it. So both Minho and I were aware of the fact that he didn't mean anything rude he said during outbursts, though so far it didn't seem to get out of hand.

Minho tensed up. "Go ahead, then. Don't eat." He leaned back into his chair, staring at Charlie with his eyes on fire.

Two people with the exact same personality wasn't always the best combination.

Abby was taking tiny bites of her food in silence. Her eyes flickered from Minho to Charlie a few times, but that was it. She didn't interfere.

I sighed. "Should we just have a happy dinner, guys? No arguing?"

"Daddy always has a problem." Charlie shot back.

Minho's eyes sharpened. "If you would just obey, Charlie, then I wouldn't have a single problem with you."

He was struggling to keep his anger in again. "That's not true! You-."

"Charlie." I said fast. "Please. Should we go... outside for a bit? Your room? Or-."

"Don't meddle in it!" His tiny jaw clenched. He pressed his hands on his ears. "I don't want to hear it. Shut it, Mom!"

Minho bursted out.

He roughly got up from his chair, grabbed Charlie by the upper arm, and pulled him closer to his room. "Do not talk to your mother like that, Charlie!"

Charlie tried to escape his grip, but Minho was too strong. The boy got dragged into his room, his face red from anger. "Let me go!"

The door slammed close, though their argument was clearly hearable for me and the other two girls.

Jessy started crying and Abby stared at the closed door before crawling onto my lap. "I don't like it when Charlie acts like this." She cried out. "Or Daddy!"

I smiled poorly, wrapping my arms around her. "They'll make it up. Daddy and I will help Charlie with his anger soon, okay? Don't worry."

She nodded.

A few minutes later I talked again. "Hear that? They're not yelling anymore."

The door opened the second after I said that. Minho's eyes were full of hurt, but he managed a face of stone as he looked at me. "He wants to talk to you, Lee."

I gave him a comforting smile too, and walked over to the twins their room, wondering if Charlie would either burst out of anger or tears.

I barely got the chance to close the door behind me and I was already attacked with a hug. His small arms squeezed my body as tightly as he could. Sad sniffs coming from his nose were clearly hearable, and his shoulders shook.

My heart ached. Seeing those kids cry was probably my least favorite thing in the world.

"I'm sorry." He sobbed. "I didn't mean to. Well- I kind of did but I also didn't. I don't get it." More sobs followed.

"It's okay." I bent down to reach him better. "It's alright, Char."

He let go of me as fast as he started the hug. Wiped his tears away and sat down on his bed crossed-leg. I sat next to him.

"I can't stop the rude words from coming out of my mouth." He whispered. "They just flop out and then I regret it. Is that normal, Mommy?"

I wrapped an arm around him, watching his face. His small eyes were red from crying, but cheeks still a bit chubby and cute as hell. "I don't have that." I started. "And Abby doesn't have that either. But Daddy does. So that might be why you have these arguments with him sometimes. Both a lower temper."

"I don't want to have any arguments, and yet I started them every single time." He crossed his arms. Pouted.

"But the food was kind of disgusting, wasn't it?" I chuckled.

He gasped. "Oh! And then you get angry when I say that!"

"Because it's not very neat to say that in front of a lot of people. Or you could say 'I don't really like this food'. But compare it to poop, Char?"

A tiny smile curved on his lips. "Okay. I get it."

"But hey." I turned serious again. "Daddy's not angry at you. Not anymore."

"Every time I meddle you into the argument he explodes like a big bomb!" He said dramatically.

I blushed at that. "Well, he's just very protective. And he would do the same for you. And Abby and Jessy."

He nodded. "Alright."

A few seconds of silence.

"You know what we planned tonight?" I asked him quietly. His eyes started to twinkle.

"A brother?"

"Charlie!"

He shrugged. "No, I don't know what's planned. What is it?"

"We go invited to visit Jorge."

He gasped loudly. "Grandpa!"

I laughed at his excitement already. That made everything better. "Yes, grandpa."

~

Jorge had collected his own hut by now, too. A small one. He used the public bathroom, so only had a small bedroom, and a living room with a couch and a TV in the hut.

Abby and Charlie loved him, so immediately attacked the man with hugs. He had grown older by now, though. Almost completely grey-haired.

"Grandpaaaa?" Charlie jumped onto the couch. "Do you also think I should get a brother gifted?"

Jorge sat down and folded his arms, frowning. "If that would make you happy, yes."

The kid whooped a cheer. "Okay! Daddy, four votes are in! Me, Abby, Grandpa, and Jessy."

"Jessy can't talk yet."

"Yes, she can! Listen..." He turned his back to us and put on a high-pitched voice. "I vote for the amazing Charlie to get a little brother." He turned around again. "See?"

Minho threw his head back laughing. "I don't think you'll get a brother, Char."

"Ah, come on!"

I smiled and joined Abby on the couch with Jessy in my arms. Suddenly, Charlie screamed through the whole house and hid behind Minho's back.

"Grandpa!" He yelled. "Why did you invite Gally over? I told all of you I have a phobia."

"You do not have a phobia of Gally, Charlie. Now act normal and greet him."

Gally walked in, followed by Brenda, who was Abby's best friend by now.

"Hello." Charlie looked up at Gally. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well, Charlie. Thank you. How are you?" He wondered, obviously sarcastic.

"I'm perfect." He assured.