Chapter 5. Found Pt. 1

A man sat cross-legged in the middle of a small, quiet room consisting of shoji walls and tatami floors. He was reading a letter he had received that morning, sipping green tea from a white cup with dragon patterns on it. He was very focused as his eyes shifted from one word to another, his mind slowly coming to realize he had finally done it.

At last, after nearly twelve years of searching, he had done it.

The man, Master Wu, let out a breath he had not even noticed he had been holding. He looked up from the letter, blinking at the wall opposite from him. He was very confused, but relieved at the same time. However, he was also concerned.

All of a sudden, the slide doors leading into the room were slid — or more like slammed — open. A young boy with jade green eyes and semi-long, black hair with a single green streak in it stepped in, wearing his green and black training gi.

He was Wu's son, Morro.

"Dad, are you coming?" Morro asked impatiently, tapping his foot on the floor.

"Not yet, Morro…" Wu mumbled. "I… I think I've finally done it."

"Done what?" Morro asked, raising an eyebrow.

Wu finally turned to face his son, an expression of mixed feelings decorating his face.

"I think I have finally found your cousin, my nephew," Wu said.

Morro was visibly surprised. "How?"

"A rather distant friend of mine sent me this letter," Wu informed, gesturing to Morro to come sit beside him and showing him the letter in question. "His name is Neuro, and he is one of the only people aware of the existence of Elemental Masters. He is saying that he saw what could've been elemental powers in a little boy several years ago. The boy lived with his little sister and another boy named Lloyd."

Morro frowned. "And… how does he know it's not just some random Lloyd?"

"The boy has blonde hair, emerald green eyes, a skin color similar to mine, is as old as our Lloyd should be right now, and is a foster child."

Morro tilted his head. "Okay, that's pretty accurate."

"The only problem remaining is the fact that Neuro waited so long to tell me, because he wasn't sure about what he'd seen, and thus the three kids, possibly Elemental Masters each, could be anywhere. Neuro is quite convinced they still live in the same place, but as the eldest of the children, Kai, is an adult already, they could have all left," Wu informed.

"So… who are they actually?" Morro questioned.

Wu placed the letter on the small table in front of him, gazing at it. "From what Neuro told me, the children's names are Kai Smith, Nya Smith and Lloyd. Kai had an incident with a tree catching fire right next to him, which could mean he possesses the element of fire and—"

"Wait, the Master of Fire?" Morro interrupted. "As in, that guy we need to obtain the Sword of Fire?"

"Presumably," Wu nodded. "And that would also mean he's Ray and Maya's son, and Nya their daughter."

"And the ankle-biter?" Morro asked.

Wu gave his son a reproachful look. "Lloyd might be taller than you, you know. His father is quite the BFG himself."

"He's younger."

"Only by a year."

"A year and nearly two months, which I round up to two years."

"Anyway," Wu continued. "Neuro had little to nothing to tell me about Lloyd aside from his appearance and age. He stopped going to his school before even turning six years old. He never showed signs of being an elemental master, but apparently resembles Garmadon a lot—"