Oneshot - Happy Birthday Shuichi!

"i hit the wrong hooker"

9/16/23

SORRY FOR THIS COMING OUT LIKE A WEEK AFTER HIS BIRTHDAY (his b-day is September 7) BUT I WASNT ABLE TO BE ONLINE

THERE WAS GOING TO BE ART FOR THIS BUT I PROCRASTINATED SO MUCH THAT IT WILL PROBABLY COME OUT LATER AS I I WILL PROBABLY DRAW IT INSTEAD OF PAYING ATTENTION TO MY STUDIES

You are the Ultimate Jester here, just not dead lmfao

Anywho- enjoy!

{ Third Person POV }
It was September 7th, your shy detective boyfriend's birthday. (Exhilarating start, i know right lmfao)

Kaito practically screamed at you to ask if he could help with his sidekick's birthday. More of a command, but you ofc said yes anyway. Maki helped too, and she was definitely way more of a help. Kaede was out distracting Shuichi so you and the others could work. The party was being set up in the gym, as Himiko needed room to set up a magic show to add to your circus performance. Kokichi was somehow trusted with the snacks, and, after some convincing, got his organization to help with the decorations. Kaito wanted Shuichi's surprise birthday party to be as special as possible, and, even though you more more quiet about it, wholeheartedly agreed if not more so.

Kaede sent you updates every 15 or 20 minutes leading up to 6 pm, the time of the party. You were worried Shuichi would find out beforehand, because he was a better detective than he gave himself credit for. You wanted for him to know he was loved by you all, no matter how much Kokichi annoyed him or Angie tried to convince him to join a cult.

While setting up the decorations, you were practicing handshakes with the grim reaper while setting up the streamers. They were made up of wire, as they were made for outdoor events. They were made to be nailed into trees and such, but, since Monokuma wouldn't allow it for a hope-filled event, you had to stick to tape. You were at least allowed to use duck tape after listening to Monokuma's monologue about how the school was "too amazing to be bothered by tape" if it could handle murders. You hated that he was right at that moment, but went with it anyway.

As you were hanging the streamers, Kokichi decided it was an amazing idea to scare the shit out of you from behind the ladder. As you jumped, you almost hung yourself on the streamers. The only reason you escaped the grips of death was the tape that came undone. You fell, landing on Kokichi, which you said was karma. You walked away from the incident with an angry Monokuma (both because of the paint on the wall and because you didn't die), a bruise and small cut on your chin/neck area, and a grumpy Kokichi being scolded by Kirumi. Once you were bandaged and the streamers were fixed, Kaede sent the 5 minute warning. Maki and Kaito came in with the cake, and, as Gonta held Kokichi back under Kirumi's orders, we all hid.

"Kaede, where is everyone?" Shuichi asked, "I don't believe you would kill me, but in all honesty, this is suspicious. Why are the lights off?"

"Who do you take me for?" Kaede playfully said. "Here it is!"

Kaede flipped on the light switch, where everyone popped out from their hiding place, you closest to the door. You immediately gave Shuichi a hug, as he immediately hugged you back. He looked at you with a huge smile and a few tears of joy, ruining his eyeliner. You quickly wiped his tears, giving him a quick kiss before leading him into the main area. The main area was a circle area in the center of the gym with the snack tables on the left side, presents on the right, and the circus and magician areas by the stage.

(this won't be very detailed but BEAR with me my ipad is at 13% so i can't write much) (haha monokubs reference)

After you and Himiko did an act of a mix of a circus and magic show, and after fixing Shuichi's eyeliner, you all had some cake. It was chocolate cake, you didn't know why but you didn't question it. You saw someone sneak some powder in Shuichi's drink though, which you switched your drink with his and grabbed something else instead. You felt a glare on you but couldn't tell where it came from, so you ignored it and kept your eyes on Shuichi's smiling face.

Shuichi was practically smothered by Kaede and Kaito's affection, but you didn't mind; all that mattered was that Shuichi was enjoying himself. You were happy that, even in a killing game, you all could have some fun. Even the Monokubs did, a Monotaro hung out with his "parents" Keebo and Miu, and the rest of the Monokubs tried causing havoc with Kokichi. Thankfully, the worst Kokichi did was scare Shuichi with a confetti popper hidden in a gift he got, going off when he opened it.

You all cleaned up at about 9:30, so you guys wouldn't get killed because of the nighttime announcement and the rule that nobody could be there until morning. You walked out of the gym, Shuichi's gifts in one hand and his hand in the other. He had one question though before you guys went to bed.

"Hey... I didn't ask at the party, but what is that bandage?"

"Just a small accident while we decorated for the party! It's nothing." You replied.

"Did somebody try to kill you?"

You took a moment to reply. "...Unintentionally..?"

"Who."

"Kokichi scared me as i hung up the streamers, they gave me a small cut and bruise is all!"

"How did paper streamers do that? They wouldn't be strong enough."

"They were made from wire; the reason i didn't die was because they were hung with tape and not nailed or stapled into the wall."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, but be warned about something. Somebody put some powder in your drink at the party. I took the cup away and swapped it for mine before you drank it, but please barricade your door or something!"

"Did you drink it?" He asked, panicked.

"No, i got something else instead. But please lock and barricade your door just in case!"

"Alright, I will."

If only you heeded your own advice...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You really think i'm that cruel? I'm flattered but this isn't the end. You aren't a hypocrite here after all.

You gave him a kiss goodnight and headed off to sleep, not before barricading your door and adding a glass on the door handle (pretend there is a handle please) where, if someone opened it, it would shatter and wake you up. You went to bed uneasy, but happy. Nobody got killed that night.

A/NI had fun writing this but procrastinated a good bit so i'm sorry about that! Friendly reminder to follow me to get behind the scenes things like votes and such for the story on my board!

A/N
I had fun writing this but procrastinated a good bit so i'm sorry about that! Friendly reminder to follow me to get behind the scenes things like votes and such for the story on my board!

Toodles!

(Word Count: 1195)