Dinner Time

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

CHAPTER TWO

They all sat around the table in silence. With no conversation to be heard, they all ate in the awkward silence.

Kyle decided to give talking a shot:

"So, Marjorine... you made the food, huh?"

"Yes, indeed!" She said smiling.

"It tastes.... Good.."

"Thanks!"

...

Silence spread once again.

Craig, who seemed not to be paying attention to any of this, with his uninterested green eyes, cooed in a monotonous voice:

"You seem stressed. I'm assuming you received my message."

"We did, Craig. Sorry for that" responded Wendy.

"You said it the last three times. Learn to keep your promises, Testaburger. We're running out of equipment to fix your mess. Soon enough this ship will be fifty percent duck-tape."

"We've got bigger stuff to worry about other than keeping this place tidy."

"It's not about 'keeping it tidy', it's about keeping it f*cking working."

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, OKAY?" Wendy tried to defend herself.

"AN ACCIDENT THAT COULD GET US ALL KILLED IN OUTER SPACE." Craig punched the table.

Wendy got up to say something but gave up short after "Again, I'm very sorry for damaging the ship. As I said before, me and Kyle spent the day discussing about some very important stuff and I ended up forgetting the acid. It won't repeat."

"What is so Important that you would get us killed over, anyway?" Craig said, calmer, but still impatient.

"We're not allowed to say." Interrupted Kyle. "Let's just go, Wendy. I'm done with the food anyways."

Wendy looked at Kyle with tired eyes "I'm going to rest a little. I will meet you in the lab in a few minutes" They both got up and went into different directions, Wendy went towards the 'living room' of the ship and Kyle back to the lab.

Marjorine followed they with her eyes, she looked to both sides and then at Craig.

"I think I know what the 'important thing' is, but I'm not supposed to tell you."

Craig looked at her with interest.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

 "WHAT THE F*CK!?"

As soon as Kyle entered the lab he was greeted with the image of the alien hanging from the ceiling lights, trying to get to the ventilation system. With the sound of Kyle screams, it let out a loud "EEEK" and fell in top of the metal table below him, getting the papers on top of it to go flying away.

Kyle, not knowing what to do, decided to go check if it was still alive after the fall. He gulped and walked towards the table, he hadn't had the chance to take a good look at it yet, since it got there only a day ago and it was unconscious at the time.

His eyes were, for a split of a second blessed with the view of the alien, it was sitting in top of the table, papers from the research slowly falling around it. It had blue eyes, blond bleached hair, and a slightly lizard-alike appearance, with a thick tail and what seemed like scales or little marks on it's skin. It had one of it's three-fingered hands against it's forehead, in a expression of pain.

The alien looks at Kyle, with fear in it's eyes and tries to run away from there. Kyle holds it's shoulder with a tight grip.

"Wait a second there, were you... Trying to escape the lab..?"

It nodded.

"Can you, understand what I say?"

It looked away than back at Kyle, nodding once again, with a hint of hesitation.

Kyle stopped for a while, looked around the lab than back at Stan, distress clear on his face.

"Holy fuck."