Time Flies

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

CHAPTER EIGHTH 

Wendy decided to go back to the lab, it was really late and she just wanted to finish her notes for the day and go to bed, enough weird stuff had happened already for just one day.

As she opened a door, a loud noise was heard, as if something falling on metal. She looked around but nothing seemed to be out of place. On the left corner of the lab was Kyle, he was hunched over his table, working on something she couldn't see.

"Hi, what you're working on?"

Kyle didn't even move, staying completely focused on the project in front of him. The other scientist tries to get closer to take a look but the object is way too small.

She pokes him, still no response whatsoever.

Contradicted by the silence, the girl takes her notebook and leaves the room, but not before warning her coworker.

"I'm done for the day, I'm going to bed."

 Finally, the boy responded:

"Already? What time it is?"

"It's 11:30."

"Oh...I'm staying here, I really have to finish this"

"Okay then, good night."

"Good night"

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

Tweek simply couldn't fall asleep. He had been staring at the closest wall for the last hour or so, the worry for his missing friend filled his mind and kept him awake besides his tired body.

He got up and left his room, planning to go wait for Tolkien's response on the main room, and possibly get some coffee on the way there.

What if that thing was poisonous? Stan would probably be dead by now! Oh lord...

The blonde breathed heavily, he just needed to keep his head in place util he was sure that Stan was alive and well, he needed to stay positive.

And so he sat at the floor close to the main board. A coffee mug in hands and his usual paranoid stare, looking around the room for any wondering shadows.

The hours passed, but the blonde showed no desire to go to sleep. His only movements being his usual twitching.

He just waited for a response, waiting for his fears to be denied.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

When Kyle finished with the translators it was 4:45 in the morning already. He was absolutely exhausted, his eyes were heavy and movements slow.

He should have been done with it hours ago, but midway through he decided to make translators to the whole crew, in case anyone else needed or wanted to talk with Stan themselves eventually.

The ginger got up and stretched his arms, he hadn't been this tired since his university finals. He puts the translators on his drawer and locked it, to prevent anything from happening to them while he was out.

As he was leaving, he took a glance at Stan's cage. The alien was laid down on the, cold, metal floor. Kyle looked at the poor thing and walked to the cage. He tapped the iron bars to try and get Stan's attention.

When the E.T. looked up, Kyle handed him his lab coat, it wasn't a lot but it was what he had to give him at the time. Stan took the coat and smiled, Kyle smiled back, the blue-eyed boy's happy face seemed to light up the room, even though it was the middle of the night.

Kyle left the lab and went to his room, but he didn't get the sleep he was needing. Something was bothering him still. Something had changed in him tonight, he just didn't know what it was yet.