Chapter 41

*WARNING: MATURE CONTENT!*

This is my very first time writing intimate scenes, so bear with me. It is slightly spicy-sexy :) I will NOT go into the full details.

"So, are we girlfriend and boyfriend now?" I asked when Andrea fell asleep on my lap. I placed him on a smaller couch and supported it with the table so he would not fall off. Dario's house was not made to host babies, but that was about to change because he had to buy Andrea a crib.

We finished eating, and I was grateful that Dario still remembered my misophonia and chewed with his mouth shut. 

Little details matter.

He held my left hand and pointed to the ring he had bought for me a couple of days ago. It fitted perfectly. "Jolene... we are practically married." I stared at him because I wanted a serious answer. It was true that we looked married because of the cover-up story we created to distract Atlas, but I wanted something real with Dario.

When he saw how serious I was about that question, he kissed my hand and patted my head. "Sorry, but we can be whatever you want us to be. Girlfriend-boyfriend, engaged, married, I don't really care as long as I am with you every step of the way."

A big teddy bear, indeed. He was so pure, regardless of his Mafia side, and I could not help but embrace him. "Let's take things slow and be my boyfriend for now."

"For now? So I have a chance to change that title in the future?" His grin was adorable, and I felt lucky to be here with him in a foreign country despite being chased by a maniac stalker. His firm grip made me feel safe. It was a weird feeling since we only knew each other for a few months, but I felt like I had been in his company for years.

We met a few times when we were toddlers, but I was sure that even he did not remember our time together. If it were not for the picture that Dad took twenty-four years ago, I would not have believed him when he said we were inseparable. 

In that picture, I was sleeping on my dog's back, and Dario played with my hair with a smile while patting Titan's head. His dad was still alive at the time.

I smirked at his question. "Depends on your behavior; you can end up as my ex!" His smile dropped at my joke, and I felt evil, so I grabbed his cheeks and made him look at me. He was pouting. "I am sorry, I was kidding."

He buried his face in my neck and took a deep breath. "Don't scare me like that! I might be tough, cruel, and merciless with others, but when I am with you, I feel like my walls crumble. You are making me go nuts, Bambi!"

I played with his hair as he laid his cheek on my collarbone. "Do you remember our times together when we were little?" He hummed at my question, and I stopped moving. "You do?"

He did not like that I stopped playing with his hair, so he made me move my fingers through it again, and I waited for an explanation. "I am a year older than you and saw the photo..."

I groaned. "Dad! I am going to kill him!"

Dario chuckled as he drew circles on my stomach. "But even if he didn't show it to me, I still remember that day. You were sick with a high fever and refused to eat or sleep. Dante did not know what to do, so he took you to the doctor and took me with you for support. You were terrified and made me hold your hand through the whole check-up. After we went home, you fell asleep on Titan, and I stayed with you until my dad came to pick me up."