CHAPTER THREE

A/N: Sorry for the very long wait for this chapter :D I was busy but I hope you enjoy it!

Let Go

Tonight the 118 was at the were called to a fairground. A roller coaster was stuck upside on the loop, got worse as the seat holder had come off in the first carriage leaving a passenger dangling and hanging on for his life.

"Buck, we came in at the wrong angle. I'm gonna have you climb up there, harness him in, and hang tight while we move the truck. You think you can handle that?" Bobby asked him, Artemis saw a smile creep on Buck's face as Artie tried to hide her eye roll at the boy's pure excitement to go help on a call.

"Hell yeah. This daredevil hero stuff is what I signed up for, Bobby." Buck said while looking at him.

"How's he meant to prove himself if you don't let him handle calls, Cappa Bear?" Artie asked sarcastically as Bobby sighed at the youngest member of the team despite her shy, blunt and opinionated attitude she had a mouth on her, Buck was amused shooting her a grin he liked her speaking up more as she normally held her tongue on calls unless necessary for her to speak.

"Good." Bobby responded.

"Just don't fall, we don't need another casualty or maybe do fall, Evan, I don't really care like at all." Artie said to him, ceremoniously moving in her foot as she peered up at the rollercoaster, blinking at the thought of this incident.

"Thanks, Artemis." Buck grumbled, with a shrug of his shoulders mentally preparing to ascend up the ladder with a sigh, before he started ascending up the ladder, Bobby started extending the ladder and moving it into its proper position.

"Everybody, try to stay calm. We'll get you down, I promise, all right? I need you to relax, I need you to breathe, and I need you to keep as still as possible. You move less, you stay safe. We get everyone off this ride safe." Buck told them before we got on the rail track. We watched as he climbed all the way to the cart.

"Hey, what's your name man?" Buck asked the passenger who was hanging on for his life.

"Devon." Was what the team heard as a response as Artie narrowed her eyes and observed him biting her lip, he didn't seem like he actually wanted to be saved or so she thought as a person who was in a situation like this of a malfunctioned ride at the themepark when she was around 16, she hated it and she felt close to just pretending like she lost her grip and fell to her death, as much as she wanted to she didn't which she internally regrets.

"Devon. All right, Devon. Well, hang on, brother." Buck asked while continuing his climb.

"Hey, Bobby, he's asking about his friend." Buck radioed down to Bobby but Artie heard it too from where she was standing slightly behind Bobby as she put her lip out and grimaced slightly.