CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Monsters
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

It was now Halloween, Artie fiddled with her jumper for the third time since she arrived outside the 118 firehouse her hands gripping the resignation letter in the folder. It was Halloween and Chris wanted to go trick or treating, well really the 118 thought it'd be good for Artie later that night to take May, Harry, Denny and Chris trick o treating, not that Artie really minded to do that at all she tolerated the kids of course though she knew May would be uninterested in it since May was a high schooler.

After the tsunami and lawsuit against the city and fire department, Evan Buckley was back at work and after a few days of calls, he noticed Artie was nowhere to be seen at the 118 fire house.

Artie was just now walking into the firehouse as she walked up the stairs to the kitchen/dining area near the lounge room as she was holding a folder awkwardly as Buck perked up seeing her while he was seated.

"Hi, Art." Buck beamed.

"Hi, Buck." Artie muttered as she hid her nerves from the team as she approached the table.

"I didn't know you were back at work too." Buck said.

"I'm not, Evan won't be for a while unlike someone who sues the city and department which apparently holds me back from going back to work because apparently, they think I can't handle a shot wound. It's healed up so there's no reason for me to still be at home." Artie huffed, the lines on her scrunched up forehead showing her irritation and nervousness as she dumped the folder onto the table, she didn't hold it against him as much as she wanted to but she knew why he did it but she wished the damn department didn't bother holding her back for it too, besides she blamed herself for the accident and the reason he got hurt.

"What's that?" Eddie asked, confused.

"Resignation letter don't see the point being here anymore now that they have you, Diaz and Delia or whatever her name is, I'm not needed anymore well I never was in the first place." Artie said with a cough as Buck's face dropped his happy face morphed into a sad expression with a rueful frown as he bit the inside of his cheek as the team's faces especially Bobby's also dropped as Bobby made an 'o' expression for a moment before it stopped.

"Mizzy come on, there's no way you'd quit just because of that." Chimney shook his head in denial.

"Yeah, Emmy- I mean yes we have Eddie but we are all good contributors to the 118 team and Eddie and Delia were never gonna replace you ever." Hen folded her arms.

"Maybe they should, Kyle's been a big help anyway." Artie said dismissively before the bell rang and she watched them leave in the engines Buck's face morphed into an agitated expression, Delia raised a brow at that.

"Cap, you can not hand that resignation form in at all." Buck protested as he was in the Buck with the team except Bobby who was in the passenger seat as Bobby turned around.