CHAPTER NINE

Karma's a Bitch

Karma's a Bitch

It was after the full moon calls that had happened as Artie rubbed her eyes from lack of sleep as she put out a few pills fiddling with them between her fingers as Buck cocked his head to the side, they were alone in the kitchen since the others were doing something else around the 118 firehouse.

"You okay?" Buck asked seeing her take a few pills out before putting them back in the bottle and seeing her chest raise quickly for a moment.

"Fine." Artie dismissed his question hoping he wouldn't provoke her to answer more as he normally respected her answers but he sensed something off by the way her eyes flickered awkwardly.

"You got a headache?" Buck questioned as he glanced at the bottle she had that had pills.

"Something like that." Artie winced as she took a sip of her water again.

"What's that supposed to mean? 'Something like that?' Elaborate would you?" Buck asked in concern, he knew she was still annoyed he tried to shove a worm in her face earlier in the week so he knew she'd be short on her words like normal.

"Nothing Buckster." Artie rolled her eyes as he slumped over the counter and sighed.

"Why haven't you taken them?"

"The blood drive, I'm not taking any thing or even alcohol for a few days since Chimney told me a few days to the day after the drive, I know I'm a bitch but I'm not that irresponsible." Artie huffed.

"You're not." Buck said softly as she sent him a look.

"Right well, you know I apologised for trying to shove a worm in your face." Buck snorted, he did mean the apology but Bobby made sure he actually did apologise to her because Bobby was not having another incident report of Artie hitting a coworker again for this month, she had one last month as well, not a probie or the five that bothered to acknowledge her just a coworker who had the habit of pestering anyone.

"I heard." Artie muttered.

"Good, I appreciate you don't hit my pretty face or shove a tape worm in my mouth, Ice." Buck grinned.

"Shut up, Deer." Artie said, looking into his blue eyes for a second, she normally had a habit of intense eye contact when she talked to people, especially adults.

"You love when I talk." Buck said playfully, Artie went to decline that statement but then they heard the alarm as they walked away to get ready.

"We've been here before." Hen says as they all get out of the truck and look at the man on the ground with a gunshot wound.

"When?" Buck looks at the hen confused.