Chapter 6

Hyunjin wants the annoying ringtone to turn off right now! His head is pounding, his mouth felt as dry as sandpaper, and the discomfort makes him want to shut his eyes tightly. The incessant sound continues to play, tormenting him further. Why did that annoying ringtone keep playing, where was it coming him. He's heard it before but his mind couldn't place it at the moment. Every movement seems to intensify his agony, causing him to feel queasy. Vowing to never drink again, he tries to calm his racing heart and coax himself back to sleep. The sound finally stops, making Hyunjin sign in relief, putting an end to his misery. Just as he was about to drift off, the ringtone blares once more, provoking a frustrated groan.

With a groggy voice, someone speaks, breaking the silence, "Hey... I'm up..."

Hyunjin's eyes shoot open in shock. He hadn't realized that he wasn't alone in his bed.

"I'll meet you in an hour," the voice murmurs, sounding hoarse.

Hyunjin could feel himself panic as he knows the voice. He really fucked up bad this time. When did his life turn into a soap opera. He didn't want to face reality right now.

----

The previous night

Hyunjin sat awkwardly beside Yeonjun as he and Changbin started to have a conversation about something. He wasn't really paying attention, relieved that Changbin had walked in at the right time. If he hadn't, he would have either hit or yelled at Yeonjun. How dare he make those accusations about him and his feelings. A small part of him was also shocked that Yeonjun had been so bold to make such a suggestion. He wondered what had made the boy say all of those things. Was he not scared that this could be revealed to the public if he said it to the wrong person? Didn't he care about TXT and his friends who were part of the group? Hyunjin needs another drink as his buzz was completely gone. He didn't want to think about anything right now; he had had enough with his thoughts for the past month and a half.

He gets up from his seat, makes his way towards the table, and pours himself a shot of soju. He downs it in one go and pours another.

"Damn, Jinnie, slow down. You're outdoing us," says Changbin, who was clearly more intoxicated than Hyunjin. His eyes were glazed over from his buzz, swaying back and forth with a cheesy smile on his face. Hyunjin looks at the boy who had unknowingly tormented him recently. He wants to kiss the rapper right now, maybe he should. He did have the perfect excuse; he could blame it on the alcohol. He shakes his head, disappointed in himself for even thinking that.

"Where's the restroom again?" Yeonjun asks, getting up from his seat and addressing the room. He was still chuckling at something Changbin had said. Hyunjin just ignores the singer, finishes his shot and goes to sit on the now empty loveseat.

Changbin eagerly points in the direction, saying, "That way!"

Yeonjun looks over at Hyunjin, giving him a playful wink before making his way to the bathroom. Hyunjin rolls his eyes, annoyed by Yeonjun's persistence. Maybe he should just go to bed now, while Yeonjun was occupied.

As Yeonjun leaves, Changbin takes his place on the loveseat, causing it to sink slightly. He turns to Hyunjin with a smile and say, "Jinnie, I'm so happy that you and Yeonjun are getting along so well. He's such an awesome guy. I want us to hang out more."

Hyunjin could see the genuine happiness in Changbin's expression. There was a reason why he was loved and cherished by everyone - he was a sweet guy who genuinely cared about everyone, making them feel welcomed and safe. And the best part was his playful personality, always cracking people up with his antics, like a 6-year-old.

"I don't know if we are getting along but I will just for you," Hyunjin teases.

"Aww, I knew you loved me! Thank you, Hyunjinnie!" He squeals, moving closer to his friend and leaning his head on Hyunjin's right arm, letting out a content sigh. Taking Hyunjin's hand in his own, Changbin brings it gently towards his face and places a soft kiss on the top of his hand. "You're the best, Jinnie," he says affectionately, playfully toying with Hyunjin's hand. Changbin was always playful with Hyunjin so he wasn't aware of what these touches were doing to Hyunjin. Hyunjin tries keeping his emotions in check but feeling his crush's warmth on his arm and hand fills his stomach with butterflies. He's not sure if he can contain himself, especially with his alcohol-induced brain intensifying his feelings tenfold. He turns to look at Changbin, who seems lost in his thoughts. 'It's now or never,' he thinks.