Prologue: The Fullmetal Lady

You are infiltrating a basement filled with multiple terrorists. They began to activate a bomb filled with poisonous gas, but you swiftly took them down and deactivated the bomb.

You heard someone coming down and you left before they noticed you, going straight to your favorite café and ordering coffee. After sitting down, you saw an older woman sitting across from you, which you recognized as your mentor, Sylvia Sherwood.

Sylvia: "Good afternoon, Y/N. I hope your work hasn't been too stressful."

"It hasn't. I like writing. It was kind of the only way I could communicate with others a few years ago. Now I can write the words that others wish to read."

Sylvia: "It's quite nice that people find you reliable."

"I do my best to meet their expectations."

Sylvia: "I know you do."

You and Sylvia smiled at each other before discussing your mission.

"How was the operation?" Sylvia whispered.

"The terrorists were captured and the bomb was disabled," you whispered back. "I snuck in and left without anyone noticing."

Sylvia: "Very well. There are no new missions at this moment, so you have the rest of the day to yourself. Aren't you lucky?"

"Understood, ma'am."

You know that there are still many missions for WISE to handle. You can tell Sylvia is just telling a white lie. Here, you felt that this is a rare moment where the Fullmetal Lady is giving an agent some slack.

"Want me to buy some cake? It's really good. You'd like it."

Sylvia: "I have to get back to other matters. Thank you for offering though."

"Take care, Ms. Sherwood. I hope I can treat you to a meal someday. You are an important person in my eyes."

Sylvia: "I'll take that offer someday. See you soon, Y/N."

"You too, Ms. Sherwood."

You finished your coffee and after paying the check, you went to your apartment, sat on your couch, and turned on the TV to watch News 20.

"At least they're talking about positive things," you commented during the political segment.

You looked at your table and saw a picture of yourself with Sylvia sitting on a park bench.

"I'm going to have stuff piled onto to me again, but I can't wait."

You closed your eyes and thought to yourself "Anything for you, Sylvia".