Chapter 2: Spending Time with Sylvia

You were meeting with a disguised Sylvia at a café.

"Ms. Sherwood?"

Sylvia: "Yes?"

"May I ask how agent Twilight is progressing with his recent family?"

Sylvia: "Agent Twilight undoubtedly faces complications with operation Stryx and maintaining his family, but it seems to be progressing alright. However, I feel that he is developing a genuine concern for them. It's not a bad thing, just a little unexpected."

"Well, fighting did take its toll. And it's probably a surprise for him as well since this originally started as a mission, but connecting with people can lead to interesting results."

Sylvia: "Perhaps. Did anyone see you come here?"

"I changed my appearance at the library. Whoever was following me didn't see me come out."

Sylvia: "Glad to see you haven't forgotten your training."

"It must be bad for a spy to miss a step."

Sylvia: "We must always be vigilant. Never forget that."

"I won't."

Sylvia: "Good, now back to the main topic. The Secret Police has begun doubling their efforts in investigating those they suspect to be enemies."

"I will make sure I don't make any mistakes when maintaining my cover."

Sylvia: "Good."

Sylvia drank her tea before looking at you again.

Sylvia: "By the way, did you come to my apartment yesterday?"

"Yes. I wanted to give you some cake I had leftover."

Sylvia glared at you.

Sylvia: "You will say nothing about what you saw there."

"Yes, ma'am."

Sylvia: "But, thanks for cleaning it up."

"I just thought it'd do something for you. You did help me get through a lot during hard times."

Sylvia: "I just lent a hand here and there. Something that a regular person should do every once in a while."

"Well, circumstances weren't favorable back then."

Sylvia: "Understatement of the century. I think we should leave off there for now."

"Understood. Would you like me to walk you back home?"

Sylvia: "I went to the swimming pool before arriving here. I need to return there, but thank you for offering. Take care."

After she left, you finished your cup of coffee before paying the check and returning to work.