chapter 8 "Trapped in a risky situation"

Back at the safe house.

Ashley's POV

I had managed to call my team, letting them know where I was and where to pick me up, I was pretty relieved it didn't take long for Andrew to show up.

His face was serious, normally he'd crack a joke when he saw me, but this time we drove in silence for around 5 minutes, then he seemed to break with all the worry spilling out.

"What happened Ashley, where did you go? You and Jenny disappeared and you've had us all worried sick"

I could hear the worry in his voice which only made me feel guilty.

But I couldn't seem to bring myself to tell him what happened, not yet at least, I tried to speak but my words didn't come out, stuck in my throat like a blockade.

I couldn't help it, tears welled in my eyes, hot with fear and anger as they spilled down my face.

I covered my face leaning forward onto my eyes and sighed "not now Andrew.....I'll tell you, everyone, later..right now I just want to bathe and get some new clothes on...it's been...a complicated night"

He didn't say anything more, just passing me back his spare hoodie so I could ditch the stolen one.

Taking it I put it on, throwing the other in the boot of the car, I felt disgusted wearing it, maybe I'd burn it later to destroy the evidence I even had it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time we were back and walked inside it was around evening time, Robin was the first to run over and hug me.

And he wasn't one for physical affection so I knew he was worried, his squeeze felt like he was going to make me pop from how tight he hugged me.

"Do you have any idea how worried we were about you!? How worried I was?! Where were you? What happened? Where's Jenny? Are you hurt? Did a guy hurt you-LOOK AT YOUR NECK!" he yelled frantically.

I felt a weird amount of shame overcome me.

But also getting oddly defensive of the marks left on my skin, like the idea of them being seen as a bad thing angered me, which had me so confused.

I stared at the floor too ashamed to meet his face, too ashamed to meet any of their faces.

"I..." I could barely get the words out.

I felt tears welling in my eyes again, I hated crying, I hated seeming weak in front of my team, they had to rely on me.

"I think I found my mate...and it's Damien Steele....the supreme Alpha here" I choked out before letting the tears flow freely, gasping for breath as I cried into my hands.

For a few minutes there was just silence, the only sound was Robin stepping closer and hugging me, holding me tightly, letting me cry into his shoulder.

The other two joined in, hugging me together with Robin.

"Oh Ash... Ash this is bad" Andrew mumbled and Rose hit him before looking at me "I have to agree with him...b-but we can still get around this...we just" Rose said, doing her best to try forcing a smile but it dropped quickly as she rubbed her arm, trembling a little.