Chapter 14 "trapped with secrets"

Ashley's POV

The walk down the walls was painfully long, literally, we walked down hall after hall till we reached a more secure part of the building, entering one room in particular.

It was clearly an interrogation room, a metal table in the middle with a bar through the middle.

Three chairs were there and a mirror wall that I was guessing was a two way mirror. 

They had me sit down on one of the chairs, cuffing my wrists to the bar in the middle, ensuring I couldn't run out or attack anyone.

Or maybe so I couldn't escape them.

I stared at them both, the Delta left only to be replaced by Damien, walking in with a new sense of strength and sophistication. He looked more well rested, groomed and cleaned up, like a weight of stress had been lifted off of him. 

I averted my eyes onto the table to stare at my hands instead, I didn't want them to catch on to me watching them.

They both sat down in front of me taking the two other chairs, Damien and his Beta now watching me closely, and I was stuck in close quarters to them. 

The silence was heavy, extremely heavy and it made it feel like I couldn't breathe.

My heart was hammering the longer the silence went on, I just kept my eyes as low as possible taking a shallow slow breath. I needed to calm my nerves, I didn't want to appear scared or weak. 

"Well...This is a unique situation....I've never had to interrogate a Luna before, let alone my own" the Beta Markus said, a slight smile on his face. 

"Don't call me that" I snapped under my breath, I didn't want him to call me that.

Markus seemed hurt for a moment before smiling "you'll learn to embrace it someday, for now I'll stick to some basic questions if that's ok with you, Ashley?" He asked with a sickly sweet smile. 

I glared at him, oh if looks could kill I'd be skinning him. 

"Ghost...call me ghost, I don't want to hear my name coming from you mutts" I mumbled staring at the table leaning on my elbows for now. 

"Ghost....we can't exactly call you that here, your status and identity are currently classified, only authorised members know about you" Markus explained. 

I raised an eyebrow looking at him confused, why wouldn't I tell them? Bragging about catching Ghost, I didn't understand.

"I'll just get to the point, everyone here will know you as Ashley, and only Ashley, you're a rebel member but you're to be held here and treated like a guest, that's all" Markus explained looking at me with a smile, his smile only grew at my puzzled face.

"We can't tell anyone about your status as my mate for your safety, there's much I can't tell you, but this must stay secret...I'm sure you don't mind that?" Damien asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I.... suppose I'd rather that..." I mumbled, mostly thinking, I could use this to my advantage, making it easier to slip away when the pack thinks I'm a nobody.

I kept my face unreadable as I thought up an escape plan, I didn't want to be his mate and if it was kept hidden then that gave me a safety net away from Damien.