chapter 10 "On the run"

Ashley's POV

I groaned crawling from the wreckage of the once neatly kept and well cared for hedges, now covered in twigs, leaves and to my disgust, soil.

It always had a more grimy and chunky texture to it.

I was never one for gardening. 

There was no time for hating on gardening though, I rose to my feet and burst into an adrenaline fuelled sprint , despite my body screaming at me to sit down. 

There was an ache in my ankle, either sprained or broken, I couldn't tell, thank you adrenaline. 

Ignoring some of the strange looks I got as I sprinted down the alley ways, I tried looking for some way to signal either Andrew or robin, I did have an emergency flare but that would alert everyone to me in seconds.

Everyone seemed to move out of my way confused, though I could tell they were still warriors, well built, muscles, trained features.

I was really out of my depth, I was a stealth soldier not a front line out in the open soldier. 

Sure I wasn't short, above average for a human female, but didn't compare to werewolves, for them, being six foot was the average for any adult, or at least close.

"STOP HER!" I heard Damien's voice boom behind me, but surprisingly he didn't call out for me being ghost.

Maybe because he knew that if any soldier knew then it's likely they'd kill me on the spot for the glory of taking down the infamous ghost. 

Immediately I had wolves trying to get in my way and surround me, clearly underestimating me as I slipped around then as fast as possible, grabbing onto the back of a delivery lorry, climbing on top of the trailer. 

They must have thought I was some common criminal, not a real threat to them, but that didn't stop them from running after me. 

Their yelling and demands, too drowned out by the sound of blood rushing in my ears from my racing and pounding heart, I didn't know how to get myself out of this one. 

I wasn't used to taking on so many opponents, I was a fighter in the shadows 

'fuck...fuck what do I do?!' I thought to myself, making sure my hood was still on my head right, I didn't want my face to be seen and put all over the news. 

I was suddenly jerked almost falling off the trailer when it came to a stop, I stared down at the wolves who were snarling and yelling at me. 

I panicked looking around, 'what the hell do I even do now!?' I backed up on the truck, there was no way I was out running these guys, I only had so many blades and so many tablets, I was backed into a wall and I didn't see a way out. 

"Come down, Now, and I promise no harm will come to you" Damien yelled in a terrifying yet calm voice. 

Everyone seemed to create a path between him and the lorry at his presence, bearing their necks holding their heads low in submission, they had been so aggressive before, it made me shiver realising his power in person. 

Even I was feeling the weight of his power, it felt like a pressure was weighing on my chest and mind forcing me to stand down, but I couldn't look away from him.

It was absolutely suffocating. 

I was trapped staring into his eyes, what kind of crazy mind fuckery is this!? 

It's creepy!

He approached the trailer standing a few feet away from it, arms crossed over his chest, his hair looked to be a mess, he had stubble on his face.