Her First Day #6

Waking up is hard sometimes, the comforting part of the covers drawing you in as you want nothing more but to go back to sleep.

Not for Charlie though.

Jet lag, anxiety and excitement coursing through her veins meant that she got two hours of sleep and was ready and out the door by 6:30, the company was only a 10 minuet walk away so that gave her enough time to walk there and get a cafe breakfast.

Grabbing her back with her laptop and tool kit she set off towards JYP Entertainment.

Many cafes lined the street along with convince stores, there was a lot of variety, mostly because it was the City and a busy area of Seoul. charlotte stopped by a small cafe, a cat on the door sign drew her in.

"Hello welcome to Kats cafe!" the barista behind the counter greeted. She looked to be quite young probably in college or high school

"Hello" Charlie answered

"What can we get for you today?" The barista asked, her hands on the till ready to punch in an order. Charlie looked up at the menu and pondered for a minuet before ordering an iced chair latte, no espresso. The barista took the order and began making it, Charlie payed and waited for her drink.

Chan was on his way to his studio before he ducked into a small cafe for a coffee, he knows he shouldn't have caffeine but who was going to stop him. Stepping in with his mask up and hat down he made it about two steps through the door before stopping and seeing a familiar head of brown hair. He chuckled to himself, shaking his head and the thought of meeting her again like this.
He went up and ordered his drink before going over and tapping her shoulder.
"We really need to stop meeting like this." He laughed as Charlie jumped a little and when she saw it was chan she laughed as well

That's twice now she's met him coincidentally. "Hey, nice to see you again. Yeah we really need to stop meeting like this, someone will think I'm stalking you haha." She laughed nervously but still smiled. She liked how he was being informal with her, it made her feel more comfortable about being in a new place and being around people as famous as him, especially when working so close to them.
Chan laughed again at her nervousness "who's to say I'm not stalking you hmm?" He joked to her, silently hoping it didn't sound too creepy. To his relief she laughed with him.
"I doubt in someone worth stalking." She said humbly. Before he could respond her name was called with her drink order.
"Are you heading to the company?" Chan asked slightly hopeful that he could maybe walk with her. Whilst he is advised to get a car in case of journalists and fans Chan opts for walking in the morning sun before being confined to the four walls of his studio with no windows.
"I am I'm a bit nervous though with first day jitters but it should all be fineeee." The nerves where obvious in her voice and to Chan it was adorable. He smiled more under his mask as his drink was then called.
"Well if we are heading to the same place, why not walk together?" His offer was sweet and purely selfish. He liked feeling normal around her, less pressure to be himself. She smiled up back at him and agreed, as they left, both put masks on.
The walk was nice, chan asked her more about how she was feeling and she responded and her own questions about how busy his day was.
"The others don't have anything scheduled till later, we have a group rehearsal, but I want to get some songs started for a new album." He smiled under his mask, she looked up at him with intrigue. He could tell that she was smiling under her mask as well. 
"The next album or a future one?" She asked.
"Umm both?" He laughed unsure himself what will be in the next album or will be on the bench till they have a comeback where it fits.
She laughed with him and before they knew it they where at the front of the JYP building.
Charlie looked up at the daunting building, the nerves build to what felt like the height of the building. A hand on her shoulder brought her out of the daze she was in. Chans smiling eyes greeted her and it was like her nerves almost disappeared. "You got this! Fighting!" And with that he ran inside leaving her to contemplate.

With one more breath she gripped her laptop bag strap and walked in. Getting in wasn't hard, the doors opened smoothly and she was welcomed with a spacious lobby, cream flooring and baby blue walls, TVs lined it showing the various idols and groups of the company, also showing bits of their trainee courses. It was all very impressive.
After taking it all in she approached the desk.

"Hi I'm Charlotte Simon I'm here for the tech support position. Today is my first day." Charlie spoke to the receptionist, who smiled at her and then typed on her computer.
Soon she was escorted to HR and given a welcome pack, her picture taken for a pass that gives her full access to the building and a work phone and a meeting with her supervisor who explained her daily duties and how their systems worked. 
"As the building is so big with have two or three ops to a floor, you will be in with the team of floor 6 it's an idol floor so there are recording studios and dance studios, the idols will hold live streams there and your job is to ensure they run smoothly. You'll be given a schedule about who will be live-streaming and where and if they need onsite assistance, basically you watch the live and if there are any problems you sort it out asap." Her supervisor said. She smiled and nodded and she was shown to the floor she would be stationed on.
It was a thin corridor with multiple doors. Whilst thin it was very long. Charlie counted about 15 doors along each side.

"The main idol groups that are on this floor are NMIXX, Day6 and stray kids. With three recording studios, five dance rooms an office for the tech ops and the other rooms are meeting or server rooms." Her supervisor continued to explain and lead her to the last room at the end of the hall. Inside was a array of desks with computers and large screen monitors. This was her office. Setting her stuff down she logged in and waiting for her first job assignment.