chapter 4

December 20th, 2021
📍London, UK 🇬🇧

Georgina's family were all back in the car, in their way to the afterparty. All the girl could think about was Jude. She wanted to see him again but didn't know why. Why did she want to see him? What did she want to say?

She stepped out the car and entered the building, it was a slightly different set up; the fancy dinner tables had been replaced with high bar tables and stools, there were different food tables dotted around the venue with a round drinks bar right in the centre. The fans were no longer seated above on the balconies, instead the noisy excitement of the fans had been replaced by buzzing music.

There was no seating plan like there was at the award show, so the family found a spare table and claimed it theirs for the evening.
Her dad went off to get them all some drinks, leaving the three girls on the table.

"Gi, hey-" one of her costars, Florence Pugh, came over to speak the young girl. "I need you to meet someone." She said and grabbed the girls hand and pulled her from the table.

"Okayyy, where are we going?" Georgina questioned.

"You'll seeee," Flo responded, struggling to contain her excitement as the pair weaves through the crowd. "Okay stay here, I actually need to find them."

"What- Flo, no, you can't just leave me here!" Georgina complained, but the other actress had already left.

Georgina rubbed her hand other her forehead in distress. Then she took a step back, ready to turn around and go back to her table, when she bumped into someone else.

"Shit, sorry I didn't..." the girls words trailed off when she turned around and meet with the brown eyes of Jude Bellingham, "...mean to do that."

He held on loosely to her forearm, "don't worry, that was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going," he chuckled, almost nervously, "well done for earlier by the way," he mentioned.

"Thank you," the girl blushed and looked down.

The boy continued to gaze at her, whilst she looked around for her family, who were nowhere in sight.

"Sorry about mum earlier as well," he broke the short silence, "she's a bit of a fan as you can probably tell," he explained. The girl was only just realising how thick his brummie accent is and she sort of loved it.

"Aw, no, it's fine, she was so lovely." Georgina replied, truly she thought Denise was a really sweet woman. "Oh, there's my dad, I should probably go and give him a hand," she interrupted her own thoughts.

"He's a big footie fan, ain't he?" Jude spoke, really he just wanted to keep the conversation running as long as possible, he was enjoying her company.

"Uh, yeh, I guess," now she was realising what their dads must have been talking about earlier, "I'm sorry about what happened in the summer by the way," referring to the Euros, which England narrowly lost to Italy in the final.

"No, it's cool, I didn't play a lot anyways so y'know, not much I could've done," he answered truthfully, he was only 18 during the tournament and hadn't had the opportunity to prove himself yet.

"Yeh, but still, can't imagine that being the best way to end the tournament," she didn't really know what to say, she wanted to be supportive but not too much where it made her out to be dramatic. Jude just laughed at her attempt to be sympathetic.

"I'm sorry, I really should go and help my dad," Georgina decided to end that pitiful conversation which she needed to get out of ASAP.

"Ok, yeh, that's fine. See you later," he responded and pulled the girl into a friendly hug. She loosely wrapped her one hand around his waist with her other hand still clutching her bag.

"Right, see you later" she said, pulling away from his embrace, "bye."

"Fuck," Jude muttered under his breathe as she turned and walked away, not quite loud enough for her to hear - at least that's what he hoped.

She walked off heading in the direction of her dad, not really knowing what to think of that interaction. Why would she even mention the Euros? Not like it's exactly the happiest of conversations to have for him. Christ, it was only a few months ago, got to be pretty fresh for him still.

Georgina returned back at the table with her dad, and was greeted by a bunch of questions from her family.

"Who did Flo want you to meet?" her mother asked.

"Are you blind? Did you not see who she was just talking to?" Mel responded as if it was obvious what had just happened, not even giving her sister a chance to answer the question.

"She's been off talking to that footballer from early," her dad now chimed into the conversation.

"Oh right... what happened to Flo then?" Georgina's mother was now just confused.

"I'm not sure, she left to go and-" Georgina tried to respond but was interrupted by her sister.

"Never mind all that! What was Jude like?"

"Um... I mean he was really lovely, I guess," the older sister answered.

"That's it? Just lovely?" Mel was in shock at Georgina's lack of description, it's not like you just meet a professional footballer everyday. Well, for her it wasn't, for Georgina, meeting people with a high status and large fan base was part of her job.

"Yeh, and let's keep it that way, no one needs to be dating any professional footballers, thank you," once again their dad chimed into the conversation.

Georgina just rolled her eyes, "no one said anything about anyone dating a professional footballer."

"I mean I didn't say it but I was definitely thinking it," Mel said.

"Can you just shut up? Please?" Georgina said, "God, your all so annoying sometimes."

"Yeh, well, let's not go getting any ideas," her dad remained pretty set on this no footballer thing. I guess he was just worried about the typical reputation most footballers had.

"I mean, I don't know, he seemed quite sweet earlier," Georgina's mother was now getting involved, "nice family as well."

The young actress just sat back in her chair, shook her head and laughed at her family. They could definitely be hard work sometimes - especially in these situations.

~~~
AN: anywaysss so they've finally spoken :) how are u guys liking this story so far??