Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Elijah wrapped his hand around my arm before grabbing me out of the car as if I wasn't a person. Snapping, I jerked away while pushing him at the same time.

"Don't touch me." I hissed, rubbing my arm.

He stood tall in front of me and took a couple of steps till there was nothing between us except thin air. My head rose, meeting his eyes, and my lips lined straight.

"Does it look like you're in to make any demands?" His hand came around me again, grabbing my arm before he dragged me into the unknown house.

It was nearly a thirty-minute drive away from the queen's estate. I tried to flee, but there wasn't much of an option when I was seated in a quick-moving vehicle that didn't stop even when I put the car on neutral. It only made my head slam against the dashboard before he put it back on drive.

I didn't want to be here, anywhere even close to this man. I had made mistakes, I truly had but I regretted them, every minute of it. But what difference was it going to make now? Everything was ruined before it even began.

I knew it was wrong to take up the queen's offer, but what other option did I have? Nothing. With the help of black magic, I killed my abusive, shit-hole of a father, and now, it was going to bite my ass.

Rain water dripped over my hair and shoulders as Elijah forced me into the house. I couldn't even run, not in these terrible weather conditions, and the only man I believed who could believe me, was going to start hating me anytime soon.

My feet stumbled upon one another as I entered the dark, quiet house. My hand went against my face, rubbing away the water from my cheeks and mouth before I pulled away from Elijah. My arm ached, but there were bigger problems to deal with.

"It's going to be a lot easier if you simply tell me whatever you know and this all will be over in a matter of a few days," Elijah said, slamming the entrance door behind him.

Without the moonlight, the house became dark and I barely made out his shadow. He switched on a light, forcing me to squint at the sudden brightness.

I folded my arms across my chest while heaving heavily. There was nothing coming out of my room until I was promised complete protection and freedom. There was no way I was going to die because of this, or be killed by one of them.

"Do you want to know if your own mother is going to kill you to break a century-old curse? Or do you want to know the other intentions she has for the four of you?" I asked, provoking him while holding bare knowledge about the curse.

It was only tonight I learned about it.

I would've dropped it if I knew Alexandria's wishes and what she was running behind—the magic that her father stole from her.

"What do you know?" His face tightened at my questions.

I took a step closer to him and smiled, "I'm not going to tell you anything so good luck figuring it out yourself."

His jaw clenched, eyes turning dark before he grabbed my both arms and bought me closer to him. "Do it your way. I'll force the information out of you. Watch me." He said, his voice low and dangerous.

"I'm watching."

He pulled me further into the house while I tried to understand the purpose of me being here. I wasn't going to say anything. He tossed me over the velvet sofa which had an odd placement in the dark house. With barely any lighting, I couldn't figure out anything.

"Take off your clothes."

My lips parted, eyes widening. "No." I snapped back.

"Take them off. I need your blood," His gaze lowered to the dress I had been wearing all this time.

The dress Callan had given me for the mating ball and now, it was soaked in my blood and dirt, even torn from some places, especially the lower.

"Unless you want me to take your blood, take off your dress and give it to me." He waited, standing only a small distance away from me and watching me with his preyful gaze.

I heaved in a breath and stiffened my shoulders before moving my hands to the back where the zip was located. As soon as my fingers found the zip, I pulled it down and slipped the dress from my shoulders before throwing it at him.

Underneath the dress, I wore a strappy long cami that I wore for safety—in case I needed to drop everything and run.

Cold gripped my shoulders and I drew my hair over it. In the meantime, I got a moment of silence as Elijah carried the dress and walked to the side. I watched him closely as he placed his hand over the blood I had spilled on it earlier when he bled me out. The dress underneath his fingers lightened for a split moment before he drew his hand away.

In curiosity, I wondered what spell he had put on my blood.

He was a witch. A far better one.

My neck twisted as I felt a sensation run up my spine as if something was behind me, crawling straight into my hair. The sensation went away as soon as it came.

"What did you do?" I demanded to know.

"My mother nor any of her witch friends will be able to figure out where you are." He responded before discarding of the dress to the side and turning to me.

A scowl appeared on my face. "I'm not going to say anything." I reminded him.

He approached me with his deadly gaze and the side of his lip curled into a perfect, evil grin. "We'll see about that. I have the whole night to wait,"

He sat down on the opposite sofa and spread his arms over it before placing his head and his musty boots on the round ottoman that barely caught my attention until now. As he leaned back, his grin grew wider while my mouth thinned into a straight line of frustration.

"So, what did my mother offer you after all? Money? Land? I can double it. Just give me the answers I need and you can go on your way."

"Your head—can you double it?" I cocked a brow.

He sneered at my response, "You're not being helpful."

"I don't want to be here."

I slipped the heels off my feet, slowly, letting them fall flat on the ground without Elijah even noticing them. Once my feet were bare, I sat a couple of inches forward and glanced at the door. My teeth pressed against one another. I needed to get out.

Run.

It was the only way out of this. I didn't need to think of the details, just get far enough from this madman. He was truly a creation of his mother. I no longer doubted.

His eyes roamed over my body, making me feel even more exposed and vulnerable. For a moment, his attention was diverted when his phone screen lightened.

At the same time, I bolted for the door.

Read the full book on Patreon, or on Inkitt.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions