Chapter Twenty Four

[A/N]  It's here! Sorry about updating so late. I'll be honest, I get a bit uncomfortable updating chapters that don't have the kind of content I know people want from me. But I need to write it at my own pace.

The later I am to update and the longer people wait for chapters, the more annoyed some people tend to be if the chapters don't have that kind of content. So I start over analysing the chapters and wonder if I can slip something in here or there.

Rest assured though everyone, this book, when it speeds up, will speed up very fast. These slower paced chapters are very necessary to the storyline.

I also wrote a third update, so I can post it on time on Friday ! (This is impressive for me so pretend you're impressed) wahoo!  ٩(˶ˉ ᵕ ˉ˶)و '-

When school ended it felt the crowd that I drifted out with seemingly caused both Arran and I to drift together, it didn't feel purposeful, but a sort of arranged meeting at the middle as we glanced at each other and stepped out of the front doors. Students moved around us on either side as we exited the building and the sun ahead was prematurely orange in the otherwise bright sky.

I slowed down, or maybe he did, either way the crowd thinned around us as we walked together down the path from the main entrance that lead ultimately to the front gate of the school, enclosed by trees that managed to make the school look a lot more aesthetic than it deserved to be.

"Was it necessary to hand it to me in class?" I asked him my eyes sliding to him from the side.

He smiled, a heartless cold smile. "Isn't that more fun?"

I watched him unintentionally for a while longer, there was an orange tint to his skin now, those dark brown eyes had a sort of glow inside them at this angle, the whites clear and bright, dark eyelashes flanking either side making them brighter. His lips were sort of cupid shaped, and even his jaw seemed to be set nicely, his curly hair was combed and tied back.

I couldn't understand being attracted to someone like him so utterly entirely. Not just the face, even the shape of his Adam's apple, the broad shoulders now made clearer by the lack of a leather jacket, the clear definition to his arms and just the posture in general as he walked, eyes that never seemed to look up at you, always down, from a distance.

He was the kind of guy that seemed to view everyone else as ants.

I mean aside from him naturally being straight... Wasn't that exactly the kind of guy I had been beaten down by for years? 

I pictured the corpse being wrapped up in the tarpaulin in the dead of night. Whatever the guy had done probably hadn't deserved being murdered. Yet I let the memory sit like a dream and said nothing to no one, not even a diary.

If with the exaggeratedly good looks, normal Elliot would have kept far away from him. Victor was perfect for normal Elliot. Someone to save me. 

I licked my lips as I felt the knife in my pocket and flicked it out. "This is pretty thin, is it real?"

He raised a brow from the side. "What do you think I used that night?"

My eyes went wide and I stared at him, the weapon turning to lead in my pocket, my heart thumping in my chest, for a split second sweat cooling my entire back.

He snickered and looked ahead with half hooded eyes. "It's a switchblade, it's probably dull enough to be fake. If you want to kill someone with it I'd use something else. I use it as cutlery."