Chapter Ten- Good Morning

10- Good Morning
.
.
.

I feel the bed dip beside me in my slumber and my eyes shot open immediately, I had opened it too fast that it felt like the sun had blinded my eyes, it takes some time to get used to the light before I realized that the movements was coming from Reed, who was laying beside me.

I was completely stunned, Reed and I was sharing the same bed, we were literally sleeping side by side. What happened last night?, memories flooded in at once as though my brain had been waiting for that question.

I fell into the dark world again and again Reed was there to pull me out, that was the only possible explanation, I breathe in frustration, we have now both fallen into a never ending circle of him being the Knight in shining armor and me being the damsel in distress, only I used to be the damsel that eased other people distress.

Reed was still fast asleep though he turned around in several positions every few seconds, was he having trouble sleeping?.

I got up from the bed, immediately Reed heart beat changes and I know that he had woken up, and I had been responsible for that. That was fast.

"Good morning" I greeted subtly

"Good morning" he greeted back in a groggily voice as he wiped his face from the sleep, he too got up from the bed as well, he said nothing else and I just silently watched him gather his brown boots from the floor on the other side of the bed and his shirt that was laid on a couch that was at the corner of the room and got out of the room almost as though he was fleeing from a crime scene only I know that he was fleeing from me, I stood perplexed as I watched the door shut behind him and it felt like he shut his heart along with the door. This is what I wanted, but I was starting to develop mixed feelings.

He was definitely angry at me, perhaps frustrated at me, I don't need magic to know that, I have given him every reason to.

I sat back down on the bed to gather my thoughts as well as my energy, it was then I finally realized the room I was staying in, it was the same room Nadine had offered me when I last came over to check how she was fairing, a few things had changed like the color of the room was no longer sky blue instead it had been replaced by mint green, and as expected the curtains were also different but the furnitures remained the same, vintage.

After spending few minutes to myself taking all that had happened in, I stood up and headed for the bathroom to freshen up.

I never used to spend much time looking at my reflection in the mirror but today I find myself doing that, my skin was incredibly pale and there was dark circles under my eyes, I looked like my soul was being sucked out of my body the same time as when my magic was being sucked out.

I looked horrendous.

I brushed my teeth with the new toothbrush that was placed in the sink before I peel myself out of the clothes I was wearing—the same clothes of last night. As I soaked myself into the bath tub, I felt my spirit lift immediately, water truly had its own healing properties.

Staring at the water reminded of last night, the blue glow, there had to be an explanation to it though, I could not possibly be the first half werewolf, half witch to get a mate of some sort, there had to be someone before me but how do I find this out, how would I get more answers.

When my fingers had started to wrinkle from touch much water was when I finally got out of the bath tub, I dried myself with the towel and got out of the bathroom with my clothes in my hands.

I was about to put them back on when I noticed Fia adjusting some pieces of clothing on the bed. She sensed my presence and turned to face me.

"Good morning mistress" she said softly accompanied with a solemn smile, I was dying but I was not dead yet but she had an expression on her face that read that today was my last day on this earth.