Chapter Twelve- A little Power

12. A little Power
.
.
.

I see a young boy running across the field with a kite, he was laughing as he approached a woman sitting with an equally younger girl that appeared few years older than he was

"Mama!, look at my kite fly" he jumped up ecstatically, his mother laughed. It was a beautiful scene

"Reed you are running too much, you will get hurt" she warned, I was in shock, this was Reed, how, I studied the boy's facial features and recognized their similarities, it was truly Reed.

"I am fine Mama, I am strong just like Papa. Come on Hannah play with me" he giggles and runs away.

The young girl gets up and runs after him "Wait for me Reed"

And I wake up.

My eyes shot wide open and I realize that it had been a dream rather, a vision, Reed was fast asleep beside me, I could not believe it, my powers actually worked.

I try to tap into his memories, though it is wrong I want to really know if I am gaining any of my magic back. I am sorry, Reed.

I lift my hands across his body without touching him and I close my eyes, I wait for something to happen but nothing, I chant a few spells silently but was the same thing, I open my eyes back and sighed.

I was about giving up when my hand mistakenly touched Reed's back and...

"I am leaving, I turn twenty three last week and still nothing, she is obviously not in this pack and in the neighboring ones" Reed yelled at a male that appeared twice his age as he stepped out of a house while the aged man stood at the door way

"You can attend the mating dance, one is coming up this weekend" he reasoned

"Father!, that would make it my fifth mating dance and still nothing, she is obviously not attending those crappy events" he spat facing his father. A woman came out as well from the, worry evident on her face, she looked just like the woman in my dream, Reed's mother, but much older and still beautiful.

"Please Reed, we worry for you" she said with so much sadness in her voice.

"I will be fine Mama, I will find her and come back with her" he kissed his mother's cheeks and he left.

"What are you doing?" A voice snapped me out of my vision.

"Nothing" I flinched immediately returning back to my right position.

He narrowed his eyes at me. He knew I was hiding something but here I was acting like a frightened young woman, a side no one has ever seen nor even Fia.

"I will be fine Mama, I will find her and come back with her" I repeated his words from the vision.

His eyes shot up immediately in surprise "How do you know?" He questioned.

"I saw it" I said sadly, the mate bond really affects him, he has been waiting for it for so long and he got stuck with me and a bond that we do not understand.

"Oh" his eyes held pain for a second before shifting back to normal " Do you now have your powers again?"

"It is not fully restored" I responded

He sighed "Okay. You should go back to sleep, there is still much hours to go before morning" he stated and laid back to his sleeping position again.

After gawking at his back for a while, I lay down back again but sleep does not take me easily, not even Reed's rhythmic heartbeat that usually worked, he was asleep but the vision rested at the front of my mind preventing me from sleeping

Was I too harsh on him, those thoughts ran through my mind.

I was worried about the possible outcome of the bond being false that I forget that I was not the only one going through it, somehow we were both stuck in it together, even if he found his potential true mate in the future he might also be affected by the fact that he was once pushing for this bond, Reed was a good man, he would feel guilty for leading me on.

I stay there pondering on several thoughts until eventually sleep envelopes me.

*****

Reed was not in bed when I woke up, it was the first time this was happening since our sleeping arrangements was put in place and a part of me had learned to get used to seeing his face the first thing in the morning, he was indeed attractive to gaze upon, making it a good moment, though it were still in our good mornings stage.

I got off the bed and sat the ground facing the open window and mediated a little bit, the memories of Reed's life lingered in my thoughts, he had good parents, he had a happy life growing up and I was happy to know that, I was happy to know that he had not suffered growing up, sadly, it was this bond between us that was punishing him now.

After I was done, I cleaned myself up in the bathroom and got dressed before heading down the stairs, as usual the three of them were seated in the dining table eating, laugh and making snarky comments.

"You are awake Mistress" Fia beamed when she saw me. I smiled at her before sitting beside her, she serves me my food and I mouthed a thank you.

"I have gotten a bit of my power" I announced

"Oh really !" Nadine voiced with astonishment laced in her voice.

"That is wonderful Mistress!" Fia cheered

"I assumed Reed would have informed you two" I commented, Nadine turned her gaze at him and narrowed her eyes for a second before turning her attention back to me.

"What are you able to do?" She asks

"I can see glimpses of people's past only if I come in contact, that is all I know for now" I answered.

"I think that world has stopped sucking your magic but I fear it would be temporary. The Order has not yet been able to make contact or enter the world" Nadine revealed.

"Oh!"

"But I have more information, my sister Giselle has little information about the blue bond, it is quite tragic actually, You are not the first of your kind to have a bond you share with Reed" she added.

I blinked "how come I do not know of this then?" I asked

"The story is quite tragic and the witches try not to speak about it. Thelma was just like you actually only that her mother Frigg was the witch not the werewolf, so she was well taken care of by her mother's family when Frigg died birthing her. She discovered the bond with a werewolf but he was an Alpha and saw her as an abomination so he killed her and the Alpha got missing shortly after, no one knew what happened to him till today"she explained.

Reed got up from his seat immediately, there was a frown on his face.
"I am leaving" he announced and immediately left the room.

"He is angry at what the Alpha did, he feels ashamed" Nadine revealed.

"He shouldn't be" I responded "Evil is in every kind of creature, it is not his fault, my mother was a werewolf and she was good" I added.

I stood up and trailed after him.

I found Reed by the front porch, he was sitting quietly staring across the street, I sat beside him.

"How does someone feel drawn in a beautiful way to a person and still kill that person" he said with bitterness

"People fear what they do not understand" I replied with a sad smile

" I do not fear you"

"I know" I chuckled "You stayed. And you have helped me though I have been overbearing"

He chuckles "I want to see it through to the end, I do not want regrets"

"Your parents raised you well, you were a happy child growing up" I said

"I was contented, my parents tried their best and it was enough" he responded with a smile.

"That is good"