Tuesday night

The plates were all washed. He stood at the sink, just staring out at the window. The sun had almost fully set to dusk. The vanilla candle had been blown out a short while ago. Soft mutters of breaths could be heard throught the house. Reese's mind unsteady and restless he craved clarity. Walking over to room he carefully stepped over the loud robot toys scattered across the floor. Grabbing for a box of cigarettes and a lighter he creeps back out.

Lois had forgotten to lock the door to the backyard. Reese slipped put, cushioning the door shutting with his fingers. He headed out round the back of the garage. He sat down on what was something formally alive. Picking a cigarette out the pack he looked to see which ones he grabbed. The fruity citrus flavoured ones looked back at him. He flicked on his lighter, swiftly taking a breath.

At this point he was amaster of inhaling it deep in his lungs. He didn't cough that much anymore. Clarity and calmness spread over as he took more and more breaths. 'Sweet,' he said, he was used to having regular tobacco. Trying to jog his mind back to when he bought these. Rendering the party he crashed and stole from he realises these must be from there.

The sudden memory of the party brings back memories of the past. The past week. He was back at that pool again. He was back cycling past that parry again. He was in that abandoned house. He leaned his fist back, reaching for a punch to the tree infront of him.

Slumping back down tree bark splintered into his rough knuckles, a gory mess. 'Ow,' he flatly said, looking at his gross hands. Taking another puff he tries to blow tricks, he saw them in movies. Unsuccessful he gave up fast, going back to regular inhales.

Anger turns to sadness in a quick blur. Left numb and alone he looked at the bottle. It shone back at him. Taking a swing he shivered a bit. Drowning dreams of a good life with a bottle of tequila isn't where he thought he'd be, but he didn't think he'd be in the free world either.

The sadness caused not by what was there, but the lack of what he wanted. No friends, nobody in his corner, nobody for him to trust. No attraction to women, he was bound to be a freak forever.

Under the pale moonlight most things were silent. Few cars went by, when they did they barely made a dent in the thick blanket of the breeze. Reese wasn't sure what to do, he just wanted to be normal.

Normal friends, a normal girlfriend, a normal family. He wanted what so many people had. But he'd been cheated out of, his anger boiled inside again as he elbowed the garage, leaving a slight dent in the rust.

Looking up to the night sky the starts shined bright under him. Looking at a plane, flying in the sky, and he wished, 'Make me normal.'