Chapter 8

"What do you mean you touched me?" Jisung was confused, he'd always been able to walk through people ever since he died. Not that many people came to the abandoned ice rink, but the ones who did, he walked straight through. I mean, he even proved it with Minho.

"I'm serious Jisung!" Minho was smiling like an idiot. It seemed like Jisung couldn't remember the events of last night and so Minho decided not to bring it up, instead, he told Jisung he had found him asleep on the bench outside and he was shivering so Minho brought him inside and gave him his jacket.

"Try and touch me then." The younger was confident in the fact that Minho wouldn't be able to touch him.

Minho walked over to the edge of the rink, where Jisung was leaning on the railing, and ruffled his hair.

"Oh. My. God." Jisung stood stunned. He reached out and grabbed Minho's hand.

"Oh my god!" He exclaimed. He wanted to cry, but he couldn't. "I can hold your hand! This is the best thing that's ever happened to me!"

Minho let's out a soft chuckle, trying to hold back his own excitement at this new discovery knowing that he has something even more exciting to tell Jisung.

"Also," Minho started, interrupting Jisung jumping up and down in excitement, "I think I met your friends."

"WHAT?! What do you mean 'you think'?" Jisung ran off the ice and dragged Minho to sit down with him, urging him to tell him everything.

"Okay, well, my friend Hyunjin got a boyfriend recently and his name is Seungmin and he totally is how you described, he also has two friends called Felix and Jeongin and they had lunch with us."

"Do you have a picture? Please tell me you have a picture!"

"Let me check." Minho quickly got out his phone and checked his messages and his instagram.

To his luck, Jisung's friend, Felix, had uploaded a selfie to his instagram.

"Here." He showed the phone to Jisung who frantically took it.

"Oh my god! It's them

"Oh my god! It's them. Minho, it's them. I-I haven't seen them in years. They've grown so much. They still all have the exact same hair." He chuckled.

"Jisung. You're crying."

"What?!" Jisung touched his face, and sure enough, tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm crying! Minho, I'm crying. This is the best day of my life." Jisung was sobbing now and collapsed into Minho's arms, his phone had dropped to the floor but he didn't care that much, he only cared that Jisung was finally becoming more human.

Maybe that means he won't leave then?

Minho hugged him tightly and played with his hair.

Finally, Jisung calmed down. He was a little overwhelmed at everything that had happened today and decided to sit outside to calm down, the cold breeze ruffled his hair.

He was still slightly translucent and his skin was still extremely pale, no colour tinted his nose or cheeks even in the cold temperatures, but Minho was still falling hard. The sight of Jisung becoming more and more human gave him hope that he was going to stay on this Earth.

But, on the other hand, it could just be the process of leaving to the afterlife because, of course, Minho doesn't know anything about that. Neither does Jisung. Which is strange because surely you would have to know how to get to the afterlife after you die. Otherwise you'd be stuck there forever.

Minho decided to stop thinking so much and join Jisung outside. He sat next to him on the bench.

"So much has happened today." Jisung stated when he felt Minho's presence.

"Definitely."

"Thank you, by the way."

"For what?"

"Everything, being here; seeing me, figuratively and literally; helping me; letting me see my friends again; helping me when I was in pain-"

"Wait, you remembered that?"

"Yeah. The little lie you made up because you thought I didn't remember was cute." Minho blushed slightly at the compliment.

"That was the most intense pain I've ever felt, how could I forget."

"Well, okay, but I'm still surprised you remembered what I did. I would've thought you would he too focused on the pain."

"I was trying to focus on anything but the pain."

"Makes sense."

"But, you really did help it go away, I don't know how you did it, but I'm so thankful. How can I repay you?"

"Repay me?"

"Yes, I have to, you've done so much for me and I've been nothing but a nuisance to you."

"You haven't been nuisance." Minho smiled softly at Jisung, "and you can repay me by not thinking your being a nuisance to me."

"That might be difficult, but I'll try. Anything for you." Minho blushed at this statement.

"I've got to get home." The older stated.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry, but you'll see me tomorrow like usual, okay?"

"Okay!" Jisung hugged Minho tightly.

"You love hugs, don't you?" Minho chuckled.

"Is that a bad thing?" Jisung looked up and Minho from where his head was buried in the older's chest, pouting slightly.

"No, that's not a bad thing. I love them too."

'Only from you though.'