Chapter 16

Jisung lay his head down in Minho's lap. The pain had subsided, he decided that it was time to tell Minho about the dream. Maybe it was connected to something.

"Minho." Jisung called softly.

"Yes sweetie?" Minho looked down, patting Jisung's hair.

"Um, I had a dream."

"Really?" Minho smiled, "what was it about?"

Jisung stared to recall the dream. About how the boy was there again, about how they were laughing and playing, and then about the man, and about how the boy tried to protect him and about how it just suddenly ended.

"Do you know who the boy was?"

"Um, y-you." Jisung whispered.

"M-me?" Jisung just nodded.

"The man was your father." Minho stopped playing with Jisung's hair and looked at him blankly.

He hummed softly, not really knowing what to say.

He knew his dad was a bad person, but he didn't really understand how much of a bad person. He doesn't remember him. He doesn't remember anything before about 4 years ago.

"I'm really sorry you had to go through that. I didn't even know." Minho looked guilty.

His own father killed Jisung. At least that's what he assumes. The dream suddenly ended at that.

"It's not your fault." Jisung brings a hand up to Minho's face. "Listen to me," he guides Minho's head down so he's looking directly in the younger's eyes, "it's not your fault."

Minho sniffed slightly. In his house, it was always his fault, hearing these words was something new to him.

Jisung sits up and faces Minho, cupping his   cheeks and wiping the tears away.

"It's not your fault. You're nothing like your father." Minho smiled and melted into the touch.

Jisung's hands were cold, but they were refreshing against the older's hot cheeks from crying.

"I'm glad we knew each other before this." Minho smiles and places his hands on top of Jisung's.

"Me too."

~+*+~

It was late afternoon, the boys were outside sitting on their usual bench, when Minho got a call.

It was from Chan. That's when Minho realized, he was supposed to be at practice.

"Where the hell are you?" Chan asked sternly. Although he sounded angry, there was also an undertone of concern laced into his voice.

"I'm sorry Chan, a lot has happened today, I just- I can't go." He replied, memories of earlier came washing back over him.

"Is everything okay?"

"Not really." Minho sighed. "But don't worry about me-"

"How the hell could I not? You just told me you're not okay." Chan interrupted.

"No, I've got...someone here, they're helping me through it."

"Who is it?" Chan was very worried. Minho never revealed anything about his life, it was almost as if the two were strangers.

"He's...a friend." The word felt foreign on his tongue when he used it to describe Jisung, but he brushed it off.

"Hm, okay," Chan sighed to himself, "but if you need anything then don't be afraid to call me. I'll always pick up." After Minho agreed they quickly said their goodbyes and hung up.

The older glanced over at Jisung. He had his eyes closed and was soaking up the sun.

Minho wondered if Jisung liked the sun so much because he always felt cold. I mean, his touch was cold, so maybe he was cold internally.

"Yes and no." Jisung said randomly.

"Huh?" Minho looked at him, confused.

"As an answer to your question."

"Ah." Minho's cheeks went red, embarrassed that he'd said that out loud. "Um, what do you mean, 'yes and no'?"

"Well, I feel cold all the time so I like the sun, but my insides feel cold because I still regulate temperature like you, just at a colder temperature. At least I think I do, I don't know how the ghost body works." He laughed a little at the end.

"You're like a cat." Minho randomly blurted out.

"How so?"

"You love sun spots that give warmth. My cats always lie in the sun."

"You have cats?" Jisung smiled widely at this new found information.

"Yeah, three. Soonie, Doongie and Dori." Minho's lips upturned talking about them.

"Awww, I hope I get to see them one day." Jisung's smile faltered slightly at the thought that him being a ghost meant he'd probably never be able to leave this place to see them.

"You will, I'm sure." Minho rested his hand upon Jisung's thigh.

Shyly, Jisung placed his hand on top of Minho's.

Neither of the boys said anything. They just say there in a comfortable silence, happy to be together.

A//N: I want to wrap this book up quickly, I've lost all motivation for it haha.