31

2023

"I want Papa" Estela mumbles as she cuddles into her mom.
Melissa strokes her hair as she lays next to the little girl.
"Let's go to sleep" she whispers.
Estela looks at her mom. Her small lip starting to pout and slightly quiver.
Melissa quickly tries to reassure her.
"Bebe, you'll see papi tomorrow morning" she tells the little girl.
A small tear falls down the girls face. "I want papa" she whispers.
Melissa pulls her daughter closer as she started to cry for her dad.
"Let's call papa" she tells her.

Estela hiccups, still crying but nods at her mothers words.
Melissa pulls out her phone.
Clicking on Pablo's name, only for it to instantly go to voicemail.
She calls again but the same thing happened.
Which only made the 2 year old cry harder.

From the corner of her eye, Melissa sees her dad peak into the room as he walks passed to go to his.
He gives her a weak smiling before leaving.

Melissa sighs, clicking on the home phone.
It rang and rang but no reply.

So she tries again and the same happened.
Sighing, she sets her phone down on the bed.
"I'm sorry bebe" she whispers, cradling her daughter on her lap.
Estela keeps crying, gripping onto the stuffed animal that Pablo had bought her a while ago, to her chest.

Thoughts started to floor Melissa's mind. Maybe leaving was a little over the top.
Maybe she just reacted horrible to something that wasn't that serious.
Is this really worth seeing your daughter cry for her dad?

*ring ring*

Melissa picks up the phone to see her getting a call back for their home phone.
She quickly answers.
"Amor?" Pablo's voice rang through the phone as soon as it connected.
"Estela wants to talk to you" Melissa speaks before turning on the speaker and holding the phone infront of her daughter.
"Papa" her tiny voice cracks.
"Hey mi amor" Melissa could practically her the smile on Pablo voice.
He always had a small smile whining talking to his daughter.
"I want to see you" the little girl cries.
Melissa slightly cringes at the words feeling as if she was honestly holding her daughter captive.
"I'll see you tomorrow" Pablo says softly.

Estela starts to cry again at her dads words.
She covers her face with her tiny hands, then shoves the phone away from her.
Melissa takes the phone off speaker and holds it up to her ear.
"She's tired" Melissa tells him.

There was a slight pause before Pablo spoke up.
"Bring her home" he says in a demanding tone.
"We'll come home tomorrow-no, you can come home tomorrow if you want but right now you're bringing my daughter back" he cuts her off.
Melissa's mouth drops at his sudden out burst.
"You can't tell me what to do" she whispers yells into the phone.
Quickly glancing at Estela who now laid on her side.
Clearing still crying but slowly starting to fall asleep.
"No, I can't but I will tell you what to do when your choice to take my daughter away- it's for one night Pablo- She's upset! She doesn't want to be there!" They argue, cutting each other off.

"You'll see her tomorrow." Melissa speaks lowly.
"You know Melissa, there was no need for you to ducking leave, joder! You could've stayed and talked this out like adults but you ran away from your problems" he continues.
Melissa slowly stands up from the bed, making sure that Estela was asleep before sneaking her way out of the room and down the stairs to the kitchen so she could speak more clearly with waking up her daughter.
"as if you know anything about talking things out" she scoffs.
"At least when I was upset I never went out of my fucking way to take our daughter" he snaps.
"I'm sorry, Okay? I know what I did wasn't messed up of me and I'm sorry that I let him get into my head and that I didn't defend you but please just come home" Pablo says.

Melissa stays quiet for a second, sadness and frustration still running through her. "Come pick up Estela tomorrow at 12" she is whispers.
"What"
she mutters a quick "bye" before hanging up her phone, then turning the silent one and leaving it on the kitchen counter before heading back up the stairs

A/n: messed up my posting dates. OOPS.
anyways, I hate toxic relationships but this is fake and I need drama but I also don't want to make only one of them toxic because I want to show that nobody is perfect but if you truly love eachother you can work things out 😍🤞🏼