47

2023

The boy grins at Melissa.
"Im engaged..I have a boyfriend" she tells him. The boy shrugs and looks around. "I don't see him" he looks around with a smile on his face.

Melissa chuckles awkwardly then glances down at Estela who stares at the man with confused eyes.
"Well..I very much am in a relationship, for 4 years tomorrow actually" Melissa says trying to be nice.

The guy smiles and walks over and sits in the spot in front of them.
"I'm Alex"

Melissa nods and pushes her lips together before glancing over at the ride Pablo had walked away too.
The line wasn't long so hopefully he'd be back soon.
"That's nice" she mumbles, taking her eyes off of him them to Estela.
"can you please leave?" She asks.
Feeling bad for the bluntness of the question but she in all honesty felt uncomfortable.

Alex jaw drops slightly at her bluntness.
He had no right to get upset but he did. "I come over here to compliment you and you respond like that?" He laughs.
Melissa swallows nervously, not wanting to cause a scene and especially in front of her daughter.
"I'm sorry if I'm being rude but I told you I have a boyfriend, you still stayed and you're making me uncomfortable" she tells him.
"Mami" Estela tugs at Melissa's shirt.
Her little eyes not removing themselves from the man in front of them.
Melissa squeezed Estela's leg then gets up.
Pulling her daughter along with her.

She hurries to gather all her things as the man starts to slowly get more and more upset but didn't know what to say.
Gripping into Estelas hand, they start to walk away.
"don't know who in their right mind would be with a girl who is a mom...I mean, look at you.. you can't be older then 19" he says, stopping Melissa in her tracks.
Melissa felt a small pang in her heart at his words.
But she knew none of it was true.
"you should learn how to respect people..and maybe then you'll be able to get a girlfriend." Melissa spats at him as he walks closer.
"You little bit— is everything okay?" Melissa felt her muscles relax as the familiar voice of her fiancé fills her ears.
Pablo walks up from behind his girlfriend, placing a hand on her lower back.
His eyes scans the guy in front of them. Up and down before settling back on his face.
Noticing that he was clearly upset.

"Amor?" He ask, turning to look at Melissa once he got no response.
Melissa shifts uncomfortably and moves slightly behind him. Still holding a tight grip onto her daughter.
That was enough for Pablo to know.
He turns back too the guy. The concern on his face switching to a glare.
"I'm going to ask you to please leave us alone" Pablo says in a calm voice.
Luckily nobody has noticed the confrontation.
They would hate to be on the news for something like this happening in the happiest place ever.

The guys scoffs and take a step back, glaring at Pablo.
Who now stood fully in front of his girls.
"Alright" Alex lifts his hands up in defeat.

Pablo's muscles relax.
Alex smirks as he walks backwards back to where his stuff is.
Slowly, he comes to another stop and looks at the family in front of him.
"You might want to teach your girl some manners though...sucks that someone with such a pretty face is a bitch"

Without a single thought, Pablo takes a step forward ready to punch him right across the face.
But Melissa grabs him by the bicep.
"Pablo, let's go" she whispers tugging at him.

"say one more thing..hijo de puta" Pablo fumes as he gets pulled back.
"Pablo!" Melissa says more sternly as they start to walk.
Estela stares at her dad confused.
Not really knowing what was going on.
"Jódete" Pablo says to the guy before turning around and walking off with his family.

Melissa doesn't say anything as they walk away.
She knew Pablo needed a second to calm down so she walks slightly ahead with Estela.
Trying to distract her from the latest events by showing her all the pretty things.

Pablo takes deep breathes as he catches up to Melissa and Estela.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
She nods and takes his hand. "Can we talk about it later? Amor..let's enjoy the rest of our day" Melissa asks him as she hands him back the bag.
He nods and presses a small kiss to her cheek before reaching over to take Estelas hand and bringing her to his side.

"That man was weird" Estela tells her parents.
The two parents let out a small laugh.
"He was" Melissa tells her.

The small family continued to walk around Disneyland.
Stopping at any kid ride they could.
Melissa laughs as Estela giggled uncontrollably on the little mermaid ride.
"Papi look!" she says smacking her dads arms.
Pablo puts on a surprised face.
Estela then tries to mimic a fish.
Puckering up her lips and filling her cheeks with air.
The parents smile at their daughter's happiness before Pablo adjusts his grip on her and squeezes her cheeks to let the air out.

"You're silly papi" she giggles leaning into her dad.

A/n: short chapter. Took my first and final senior photo today 🤸‍♀️