Chapter 37

Sorry for the long update. I got lazy, sick, or I was just too tired. Anyways one more chapter after this and the story is over!! I'm sad but happy. Thank you for reading this story and sticking with it. You're all amazing.

===========================================

Hermione's hand instinctively reached out to grasp Harry's and with a simple flick of her wrist the two were engulfed in an unforeseeable tunnel of torture, or so it seemed to Harry. He didn't think he would ever get use to apparating. Sure he had experienced traveling in such a manner numerous times in the past year or so, but he could never grow accustomed to the way his body reshaped itself. To hermione it was more discomforting than anything else. Hermione could feel her body constrict and turn in and out. She only just managed to retain her breath as the world around them blended together and a strong breeze swirled around them. Compared to her post-transformations, this was definitely a piece of cake.

With an almost inaudible "pop," the two felt their feet touch the ground once more. Hermione heard Harry gasp for breath and she couldn't help but smile at her friend. She released his hand.

"Bloody hell, I don't think I'll ever get used to doing that," Harry said as he regained his breath which seemed to be choked out of him.

"Missstress," she heard a familiar voice, or rather hiss, call to her.

Hermione turned her head, searching for her trusty protector. It was then that she found herself standing on a dirt road, covered in snow, surrounded by an overgrowth of trees and an ominous feeling lurking in the air. The darkness that shadowed the background, seemed to veil the looking eyes of the unknown. The canopy of the trees barely let any light penetrate through the dense forest they were obviously in. And the snow and cold temperature only seemed to foreshadow the doom to come.

Her eyes finally spotted her albino snake amongst the white and black and her body seemed to relax almost instantly at the sight of her mon-bien aime. His reptilian red eyes flashed as the small amount of sunlight basked him. His scales seemed to shine and he moved silently.

"Hermione is that, um, aime?" Harry asked her cautiously as he eyed the snake.

Harry had heard about him and saw him once at the Halloween ball but that was it. He was a bit preoccupied with the distressed Ginny at that time.

"Yes," She replied, refocusing her attention on her scaly companion. "This is Harry," she introduced Harry to Aime.

"Hello," Aime hissed, but Harry didn't understand a single word.

"I can't understand him," Harry said as his eyebrows furrowed.

"He cannot speak parseltongue, Misstress. He no longer obtains the ability to do so. When he died so did the Evil one within him. His ability died then." Aime tried his best to explain to Hermione.

"It's okay Harry. He says you don't have the ability anymore because it was the piece of Voldemort's soul that could. When you died that soul died too. It makes sense," Hermione informed Harry who looked between the two a bit lost.

He also felt uncomfortable. He hasn't had the best experiences with snakes and this one surely did look big enough to eat him. He just nodded his head in acknowledgment and looked around at their surroundings instead.

He had been surprised when Hermione barged into his dorm room telling him it was time to go. It all happened quite suddenly. There he was wondering what had happened to his dear friend who had been missing for three days, the next she was barging in his room whisking him away. But Harry was lucky he was used to doing things suddenly and thinking on his feet. If he wasn't he would've died a long time ago.