Chapter 7

15 December 2024

(Amara)

Yang Cooperations...Chen Yang...Kai Yang
There was no way it was a coincidence. 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒆, 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂, 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒑𝒂...

Worse part about it all is I could still find a way to admire him. Seeing him shirtless just did for me. His well sculpted frame took my breath away. It caught me off guard because how could someone so bipolar be so attractive at the same time. He was doing something to me that nobody has ever done 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕.

What if the reason he was cold; is because he knows something and he chooses to hide it, because I might find out. What if he is trying to lure me in? What if I was close to finding out something, but I was too in my feelings about what he said to me that I couldn't pick it up?

'𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍' ouch... that rang bells in my ears

So many thoughts running through my head. What if- "Chantelle!!" I soon snapped back to reality to see Eliana looking worried and my breathing abnormally heavy, "You okay, I heard you screaming" I couldn't bring myself to answer. "Chantelle, boo, you gotta talk to me. You been acting strange since-" I chimed in before she could add anymore "I'm fine..." she didn't believe me but she didn't want to push any further. I know she understands, but I'm not in the mood for an 'I told you so' speech. And I don't want to burden her with things that are bothering me.

"Wanna stay up together then" she said with a warm smile "I would like that." "Lemme go get the popcorn and a movie" she left for a while but still my mind was concentrated on him. Guess I wasn't wrong about the mask. Time to put what my father taught me to the test.

Emaline Brown
"Why did it take this long to tell me that he's there!" I hate incompetent people, the last thing I need right now is for 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒏 to be anywhere involved with my daughter... "Ma'am I wasn't aware of such-" "Enough! You told me you were equipped for the job, but here you are giving me excuses when it comes to my daughter." They stayed silent, everyone knows better than to fuck with my daughter. Then they spoke, "In all honesty ma'am you need me." "I beg your pardon?" "You can't even directly talk to your daughter without me, so you need me or else she's a goner. I could easily tell her the truth and just like that your already dead relationship with her will be buried."

I was stunned to say the least. But they have a point. I already ruined what I had with her. I was only trying to protect her from 𝒉𝒊𝒎...
My intentions are pure, I'm a mother, the only reason I breathe is because of her. I will do anything in my power to ensure her safety

Meanwhile...(Kai)
I was dertermined to find more dirt on her. I was sure that my princess was keeping something underwraps. 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒐 𝒊 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕...

It was Christmas break. I was spending time with my 父亲 (father). He is never home but its fine. I don't want him to ask many questions on her, after all I know the type of man he is. And as much as I want to know, after what I did the other day, I can't bare to see her hurt again. I'm sure he has the connections I need for me to find the answers I'm so desperately searching for, but I want to do this for myself. And if my suspensions are correct I will just have to add someone's blood to my hands.

I spent most of my time indoors. Eyes glued to a screen, my mind constantly running in circles about how I'm going to do this. "Kai, foods ready" 不再是这个老太婆了(not this old hag again) "I'm not eating, Phoebe" "You are my son and I suggest you do so before your father gets you" 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒐𝒏?? 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔??